Home

How many games do you play per season in Franchise?

This is a discussion on How many games do you play per season in Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #65
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: How many games do you play per season in Franchise?

i am in second two of my franchise. 46 games in. so if you take into the ST games and post season games, (defending World Champions ) i have played close to if not over 300 games so far. i have played every inning of every game since day one.

I may have found and fell in love with QC, but i have not simulated a single thing. Not cut through a single cut scene, etc.

i love this game. it is the only game i own on the PS4. I have thoughts of getting BFHL but not sure yet. i really don't want to take a single second away from playing this game. Plus as much as i want to try the game i am not very good at modern day shooters.

we are just over a week out folks... are you ready for 15????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #66
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Play 1 sim 5. In other words play 1 game, sim through rotation and play. That way you get to play with everyone in your rotation.

When I do make the playoffs, something that never happened in 14 as I was playing with the Mets, I play every 2nd game.

I tried Quick Counts in 14, but it just didn't feel like baseball...the pitcher/batter duel was non-existent IMHO. So I prefer playing full games.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

What i like to do is

If there is a division series I play 2 and sim 1 or 2 depending on fi its a 3 or 4 game series.

Non division games I always play 1 of the game and sim the rest. I usually go for the game with the best pitching match up.

You will notice the first month for most teams is all division games then you will go on the roll of playing non division teams\inter league games.

Before you know it you will be in at the all star break within a week or so. You can get there quicker if you used quick counts. I don't use it because I like to read my pitcher and understand his game plan
Old 04-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #68
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Going to try every sixth game like a previous poster noted. Gives you a good opportunity to get through multiple seasons.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #69
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

I try to keep up to date as much as possible, just so it doesn't get stale, and from my perspective it stays relevant and realistic in a way. So it's a combination of Sims and playing depending on how close I am to the season in real life right now. If I get a lot of time to myself I try to get further ahead.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Play 1 sim 5. In other words play 1 game, sim through rotation and play. That way you get to play with everyone in your rotation.

When I do make the playoffs, something that never happened in 14 as I was playing with the Mets, I play every 2nd game.

I tried Quick Counts in 14, but it just didn't feel like baseball...the pitcher/batter duel was non-existent IMHO. So I prefer playing full games.
I also play 1 sim 5. Once in playoffs I play all elimination games. No matter if I am about to be eliminated or about to eliminate other team. Great way to get years into game.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:30 AM   #71
Pro

All of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #72
Rookie

RD_Rabin's Arena

I have two franchises running. I play all the regular season games in both of them.

One (Astros) I play each game on the day they play, following their schedule, but not worrying about retaining exactly the same roster.

The other (Marlins) I play as many games as I can. I just hit the 2014 post-season with them after transferring an old save across to MLB15TS, so I have gone back in time there ready to bring them into the 2015 season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »