Home

Progression/Regression

This is a discussion on Progression/Regression within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Progression/Regression

I wanna understand the progression/regression.

I'm playing with the Angels, 2017 and Mike Trout went to 90 (99 when start franchise).

I made the playoffs every season, Trout did never had an injury, RBI over 100 every year with more than 30 HR.

How the hell he is regressing that much? He is still pretty young!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Progression/Regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonGunne
I wanna understand the progression/regression.
At the very least, I'd like 2 sliders for progression/regression,
one for regular season, one for off season.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Progression/Regression are supposed to be performance based this year. So this should be fixed. Someone I believe said that in the franchise stream though, there were no players over 35 in the top 10 of any team in some of t he later months. I didn't see it for myself, but this leads me to believe that regression may still be too extreme.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Progression/Regression are supposed to be performance based this year. So this should be fixed. Someone I believe said that in the franchise stream though, there were no players over 35 in the top 10 of any team in some of t he later months. I didn't see it for myself, but this leads me to believe that regression may still be too extreme.
So far, they've said MLB 15 has had the regression tuned. They've pushed back the age at which players begin to regress drastically. Also, as you mentioned, there are performance factors that can influence regression. It doesn't sound like it is performance based, but a player performing well should regress slower this year as he gets older. I suppose that also means a player who is struggling may regress faster than his age may indicate.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #5
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

although they have stated progression/regression does factor in stats this year (I dont understand why they'd do this or why people want it) when athletes get older, they slow down, their recovery slows down, their response times are not as quick. When these things are start happening around the same time things compound and regression can come crashing down suddenly and or sharply.

Also there are some athletes that, for whatever reason, dont have the steady decline and can have a bit more longevity, but its not based on how great they started out being. Just because you hit 35 hrs, steal 35 bases and get 100 RBI (RBI which has nothing to do with anything anyway) does not mean they will regress to 32hr then 30 hrs then 25, it could be sharp and sudden. Its not always due t injury. People remember the outliers instead of the norms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
although they have stated progression/regression does factor in stats this year (I dont understand why they'd do this or why people want it) when athletes get older, they slow down, their recovery slows down, their response times are not as quick. When these things are start happening around the same time things compound and regression can come crashing down suddenly and or sharply.

Also there are some athletes that, for whatever reason, dont have the steady decline and can have a bit more longevity, but its not based on how great they started out being. Just because you hit 35 hrs, steal 35 bases and get 100 RBI (RBI which has nothing to do with anything anyway) does not mean they will regress to 32hr then 30 hrs then 25, it could be sharp and sudden. Its not always due t injury. People remember the outliers instead of the norms.
CC Sabathia came to mind when I read this. CC went from an ace, to the current version of himself seemingly overnight.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Maybe there should be a 'roid option in the game. With the risk of getting caught and suspended. Lol.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
At the very least, I'd like 2 sliders for progression/regression,
one for regular season, one for off season.

I like that idea too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »