Home

MLB15 Size

This is a discussion on MLB15 Size within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #41
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB15 Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I've only ever pre loaded Madden, so yeah.
I've done NBA and WWE. I think the download started around noon on Sunday, and then I'm just hanging around like a sucker for Monday night and the unlock.

A lot of people seem to get confused when a game shows up under the Notifications for downloads and it's only a couple GBs. Once that initial part finishes, you check the rest of your download status by hitting the Options>Info from the tile on the PS4 main menu. I usually just leave it in rest mode once I start a download and come back later and it's totally finished. As crappy as PS4 download speeds are sometimes, things seem to go faster in rest mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I've done NBA and WWE. I think the download started around noon on Sunday, and then I'm just hanging around like a sucker for Monday night and the unlock.

A lot of people seem to get confused when a game shows up under the Notifications for downloads and it's only a couple GBs. Once that initial part finishes, you check the rest of your download status by hitting the Options>Info from the tile on the PS4 main menu. I usually just leave it in rest mode once I start a download and come back later and it's totally finished. As crappy as PS4 download speeds are sometimes, things seem to go faster in rest mode.
IDK, I think DL speeds are ok... I usually average 1 GB worth every 10 minutes. (Is that bad? IDK).
Old 03-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #43
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
IDK, I think DL speeds are ok... I usually average 1 GB worth every 10 minutes. (Is that bad? IDK).
DL speeds suck. I should be able to DL a 50GB game in 6 minutes. It takes a couple hours sometimes.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
DL speeds suck. I should be able to DL a 50GB game in 6 minutes. It takes a couple hours sometimes.
So even with google fiber, because of the DL limitations of the PS4 hardware, you get stuck too? Sucky*
Old 03-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #45
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I think something changed with the 2.0 firmware that made download speeds a crapshoot. Sometimes I'll get good speeds and other times it'll just suck. I do a lot of pausing and resuming the download to catch faster speeds. Usually works after a few tries, for whatever reason.

It'll probably take me a few hours to finish the download, but it's not a big deal with preordered games. Becomes more annoying when waiting for already-released games or DLC to download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 11:08 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 2

I had a good experience last fall with the pre-load release for GTA V on the PS4. I was able to launch the game 1 second after the clock struck midnight and I am hoping the same will happen next week with MLB 15.

Oh and for me it should be 1 second after 10:00 pm since I live in the Mountain Time Zone.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #47
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
So even with google fiber, because of the DL limitations of the PS4 hardware, you get stuck too? Sucky*
More software / server than it is PS4. I dont know what kind of ethernet port it has but i assume it would be a gig which would be fine.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #48
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

OVR: 0

That's another advantage about digital with pre-load (assuming it does dL the whole game rather than just the first 10 GB).

Last year when my friend and I went to walmart to get the actual disc game (because gamestop wasn't doing midnight sales for the show last year) we got back and popped in the disc. It took awhile and with it's slow load time, and then we could only pick the Minnesota Twins and the Colorado Rockies at Dodger stadium I think, because the rest of the game hadn't finished installing. (Which took ages as well)

This brings up the question of load times, and install times for this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »