Home

For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

This is a discussion on For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2015, 06:10 AM   #41
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
It's pretty obvious to me that 15 is the tipping year. 16 is just going to be an all-around masterpiece imo. Full dev cycle. No as rushed as before and as said above they have built so many new layers into the tapestry that 16 should be a year of microdetail all around. It's going to be glorious to see what they come up with. 15 is already so much better than what we had on PS3....

Well said, my wishlist has almost been completely demolished with this years installment so I don't know what 16 will bring but "masterpiece" could probably cover it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
ALL GAMES should be made for the aficionados. Let the lazy fair weather kids be followers like always. Make the passionate true fans happy first and the rest will come.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:54 AM   #43
Banned

Well I have to say the franchise/GM mode has me very interested,I'm really hoping it has changed for the better and the improved lighting and overall graphics that Russell and the devs have been touting! I'm very disappointed once again that you still don't have the option to play with the roofs closed with the retractable roof stadiums,even after its been a highly requested by the fans! I was watching the graphics Twitch stream the other day and the question was asked to Russell about still not being able to play with the roofs closed,he just basically skipped around the whole question and gave no kind of answer to the question! That kinda ticked me off I have to say!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 AM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

Can't wait to get a game going!
I'm still going to be asking for the MOM broadcast cam to be a camera you can use in franchise until it's either there or I'm dead.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #45
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Well I have to say the franchise/GM mode has me very interested,I'm really hoping it has changed for the better and the improved lighting and overall graphics that Russell and the devs have been touting! I'm very disappointed once again that you still don't have the option to play with the roofs closed with the retractable roof stadiums,even after its been a highly requested by the fans! I was watching the graphics Twitch stream the other day and the question was asked to Russell about still not being able to play with the roofs closed,he just basically skipped around the whole question and gave no kind of answer to the question! That kinda ticked me off I have to say!
From this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
  • We know how to do closed dome stadiums, the resource commitment hasn't been worth it for our dev team yet.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104
I'm hoping that when we are in replay mode that we can pull the camera back into the stands. That's always bugged me...
I second this
Old 03-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #47
Rookie

I remember a time when one year of MVP didn't even have night games because of a bug that was never fixed (updates were really difficult on PS2, of course) so all these minute changes are like magic to me. I can't imagine working on this game and seeing people complain about how the color of a cap brim isn't quite the right shade of chartreuse without going full Hulk. Obviously, the devs invite feedback and most people here are grateful and respectful about it but man I get some serious empathy rage reading some of the comments.

Great work, guys. Really looking forward to trying my first DD (thanks to the universal rewards system) and wasting many hours of my life in the revamped Franchise mode!
Old 03-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #48
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoamgreen
I remember a time when one year of MVP didn't even have night games because of a bug that was never fixed (updates were really difficult on PS2, of course) so all these minute changes are like magic to me. I can't imagine working on this game and seeing people complain about how the color of a cap brim isn't quite the right shade of chartreuse without going full Hulk. Obviously, the devs invite feedback and most people here are grateful and respectful about it but man I get some serious empathy rage reading some of the comments.

Great work, guys. Really looking forward to trying my first DD (thanks to the universal rewards system) and wasting many hours of my life in the revamped Franchise mode!
The Triple Play game on the first year of the PS2 didn't have day or night at all some stadiums were day, some were night, some were dusk. It just depended on what stadium you were at.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »