Home

For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

This is a discussion on For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Why does every single thread, regardless of its beginning topic have to turn into a debate on retractable roofs?
Because its the "hot button issue" this year that someone knows will trigger responses if mentioned and will get a group to support their claim. Its the cool thing to do this year.

It has been said repeatedly why they aren't in the game this year, but people refuse to accept and continue to complain for the sake of complaining.

If it wasn't this it would be something else. Its become the norm around the forums these days. Find something not in said game and continuously beat it to death.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #66
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because its the "hot button issue" this year that someone knows will trigger responses if mentioned and will get a group to support their claim. Its the cool thing to do this year.

It has been said repeatedly why they aren't in the game this year, but people refuse to accept and continue to complain for the sake of complaining.

If it wasn't this it would be something else. Its become the norm around the forums these days. Find something not in said game and continuously beat it to death.
Hit the nail on the head, cb...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we just get a sticky thread that says "Post complaints about retractable roof here" and then anyone that posts in other threads about it gets moved to there?
Old 03-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #68

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7
Can we just get a sticky thread that says "Post complaints about retractable roof here" and then anyone that posts in other threads about it gets moved to there?
Individual posts can't be moved.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 2

Speaking of details in the show, one of the feature changes I am looking forward to is the improved sun positions based on time of year and geographic locations. While this has nothing to do with game play, it is a detail of the game I look forward to. But was there any changes regarding temperatures in the game? I always thought it was weird when on a game that begins at 7 pm even in the middle of July or August the fans in the stadiums would be wearing their winter coats and ear muffs, the players would be sporting long sleeves but no matter how warm or cold it was the umpires always be wearing short sleeves (those umps are tough compared to everyone else).

MLB The Show seems to portray a "Global Cooling" agenda rather than the other alternative.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #70
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

I was amazed at the detail between both the show 14 and 15. I've been switching back and forth or doing side by side comparisons and you can see it from shadows, lights, colors, clouds, minor or big changes to the cosmetic touches to certain stadiums.

Another thing I noticed is by the 2nd inning the dirt gets kicked all over around home plate. Something that last years game didn't have.

If someone can chime in.... maybe it's just me seeing things. But I think I seen some players that had wore sunglasses while the sun was out earlier in one of the steamed games. Had taken them off when there was an overcast or when the sun had went down.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
You can usually count on a thread derailing on either retractable roofs, online play, or advanced stats.
Is there any other talking points I'm missing?

Add on commentary, issues with jerseys, player models and other general presentation and that should do it haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

"in the details" ... a bit presumptuous to say, considering the game is missing some very basic features on the backend (non-negotiable features in my humble opinion), that being a multitude of statistics depth as mentioned on posts for every years iteration. This article should be qualified as a strictly graphic presentation aspect, which I am about tired of seeing to be honest. Seriously, licensed equipment is about money not authenticity or detail. Get the stats right if you want to reach the true baseball fans.

Thank you SCEA, for adopting my ideas for a Playoff feature and eventually an 'online franchise'. No credit needed to be given... I am just happy you are working towards it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »