Home

MLB 14 The Show Online Servers Closing on June 18th

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Online Servers Closing on June 18th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #73
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show Online Servers Closing on June 18th

Base on some of the answers I am seeing here which are not shocking considering the rep that the MLB The Show forum has on OS I am shocked that many are not saying that SCEA should charge double for the game because it is a reason for living.

If the online servers are such a disgrace which they are then why don't they try and use those resources to improve the game more then just a coat of paint year after year.

So we must let them remove the online portion of the previous years game and say is ok because it sucks and those resources can go to this years game? really? Do any of you really feel that the game this year will have better online performance? I dont think so and so if that is the case then why are we not making a bigger deal that a sports games which are mainly played online vs friends and randoms or online franchises is getting away with having a terrible service and removing it from the previous years game while not improving the new version at all.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #74
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
...why are we not making a bigger deal that a sports games which are mainly played online vs friends and randoms or online franchises is getting away with having a terrible service and removing it from the previous years game while not improving the new version at all.
Because games are mainly played offline, not online. If they were, we'd hear a far louder outcry.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #75
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Base on some of the answers I am seeing here which are not shocking considering the rep that the MLB The Show forum has on OS I am shocked that many are not saying that SCEA should charge double for the game because it is a reason for living.

If the online servers are such a disgrace which they are then why don't they try and use those resources to improve the game more then just a coat of paint year after year.

So we must let them remove the online portion of the previous years game and say is ok because it sucks and those resources can go to this years game? really? Do any of you really feel that the game this year will have better online performance? I dont think so and so if that is the case then why are we not making a bigger deal that a sports games which are mainly played online vs friends and randoms or online franchises is getting away with having a terrible service and removing it from the previous years game while not improving the new version at all.
The rep lmao MLB The Show is heavily criticized for their online portion here on OS what are you talking about??? Never knew this many people cared about online here, but think some are simply making it a bigger deal than it really is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #76
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I have less sympathy for people complaining about online game play with last year's servers. But this is definitely an issue if people are unable to transfer save files between their PS devices. If people have not voiced their concerns about this to the game maker, they need to do that now. Hopefully future releases of the game could be restructured to ensure the save files can be transferred either through supported cloud saves or through a USB thumb drive. Otherwise what is the point of hyping the cross platform year to year saves if they only support the feature for people with the latest release.
Correct! The features (cross play and year to year saves) that they pimp us are obsolete when the cloud is turned off. I have PS+ and I back up my games, but there is no way to transfer from PS3, Vita and PS4 without the cloud.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #77
Banned

rman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Because games are mainly played offline, not online. If they were, we'd hear a far louder outcry.
I mainly play off line and USED to transfer my saves between systems, but I disagree with you about games mainly being played off line...I could be wrong, But I disagree.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:12 PM   #78
Banned

rman's Arena

Angry Re: MLB 14 The Show Online Servers Closing on June 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnh2os84
This is a BIG deal for me too! They need to find someway to make it that you can transfer saves from vita to PS4 with the usb cable instead of using the cloud if they are going to be shutting down servers.

The claim was that you can play the same franchise or RTTS on BOTH ps4 and vita and you should be able to do this longer than a year! Having usb file transfer support would allow this to be possible while still shutting down the servers.

Also, a new big feature was supposed to be that you can continue your franchise from MLB 14 with the new game. Well if you don't get MLB 15 till after the 14 servers are down you won't be able to do this, to my understanding.

Know that I do plan on purchasing MLB 15 for BOTH ps4 and vita and I should be able to play the same OFFLINE franchise on both for more than one year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know right? Such a simple thing to implement like using a USB cable to transfer saves between systems and yet it's missing. You think they want you to buy the yearly release?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #79
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Correct! The features (cross play and year to year saves) that they pimp us are obsolete when the cloud is turned off. I have PS+ and I back up my games, but there is no way to transfer from PS3, Vita and PS4 without the cloud.
For vita to PS3 .....and now that ps4 has USB support.....can you transfer usb( I guess you would need a sd card reader for the vita) for the files?

M.K,
Knight165
Old 03-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #80
Banned

rman's Arena

Also if you don't know, you can only save and continue your franchise, season and RTTS from MLB14 to MLB15 and when MLB16 comes out MLB15 to MLB16. But not MLB14 to MLB16...bummer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »