Home

Question about Franchise carry over - faces/skin tones

This is a discussion on Question about Franchise carry over - faces/skin tones within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #17
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Question about Franchise carry over - faces/skin tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
But using Carryover saves the Created OSFM version gets replaced by the new SCEA version of Baez. So your roster file will get the updated version of Baez. Photo, Skin tone, and Equipment (If what he wears is in MLB 15 of course). That is what I am trying to say. Same goes for players such as Jorge Soler, Jorge Polanco, Brandon Finnegan, Randal Grichuk etc........ it's for any player SCEA added through updates last season and they have a SCAN for them. Does that all make sense?

All of this was confirmed by Ramone in another thread and it was also confirmed on 2 different twitch streams by Ramone.
Oh okay i didnt know it would replace them.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #18
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Oh okay i didnt know it would replace them.
In the beginning we were told they wouldn't, but a month ago or so Ramone confirmed that the CAPS (only players added last season obviously) will be replaced by the new versions. It kind of came out of nowhere. Same with equipment. We were told it wouldn't carryover and we would have to manually edit it, but a few weeks ago Ramone confirmed they found a way to get it to work.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

I didn't find any confirmation in the two threads you listed. I did a google search and came across a thread on theshownation that confirms that this is NOT in the game:

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=27902

take a look at the first two quotes from Feb 6th... It's my understanding that OSFM created players will not adopt the SCEA official 15 player pics and skin tones.

It wouldn't make sense to connect it to a name. Let's say I created myself in MLB 14 and loaded him into a franchise in 14. Let's just say my name is ALSO Javier Baez, but I'm a 5'9" white dude who plays catcher. Just because I'm loading my 14 franchise over and my created player's name is Javier Baez, I wouldn't want my likeness to be changed to the real life Baez... Does that make sense?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I didn't find any confirmation in the two threads you listed. I did a google search and came across a thread on theshownation that confirms that this is NOT in the game:

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=27902

take a look at the first two quotes from Feb 6th... It's my understanding that OSFM created players will not adopt the SCEA official 15 player pics and skin tones.

It wouldn't make sense to connect it to a name. Let's say I created myself in MLB 14 and loaded him into a franchise in 14. Let's just say my name is ALSO Javier Baez, but I'm a 5'9" white dude who plays catcher. Just because I'm loading my 14 franchise over and my created player's name is Javier Baez, I wouldn't want my likeness to be changed to the real life Baez... Does that make sense?
Hmm I continued reading that thread and on Feb 9th the post contradicted itself with the Tanaka comment. However, whoever has been answering the questions over there may have assumed the user was talking about the official Tanaka player that SCEA created after release...?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Hmm I continued reading that thread and on Feb 9th the post contradicted itself with the Tanaka comment. However, whoever has been answering the questions over there may have assumed the user was talking about the official Tanaka player that SCEA created after release...?
Here's a post from March 4th that confirms that it's not in:

"Will the real tanaka and abrea be in the game if I use y2y saves or will it be their previous created versions from 2014? I heard that the real versions will be in along with their accessories, just curious how this works?
QUOTE:
If they were created by us yes, it your using a roster like OSFM and they weren't created by us then no."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #22
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Here's a post from March 4th that confirms that it's not in:

"Will the real tanaka and abrea be in the game if I use y2y saves or will it be their previous created versions from 2014? I heard that the real versions will be in along with their accessories, just curious how this works?
QUOTE:
If they were created by us yes, it your using a roster like OSFM and they weren't created by us then no."
Thats how i thought it was
Old 03-23-2015, 12:08 AM   #23
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Now I'm confused on what you guys are asking. If you used the SCEA version of Baez last year and worked off of that and created his face then yes using Y2Y saves he will be imported over for the new version in MLB 15. If you created Baez using the create a player feature or some random fake player (which I'm assuming this is what you are asking) then according to your quote the answer is no.

All I know is Ramone has already confirmed that using Y2Y saves and the players SCEA added last year (regardless if you edited their face or not) will get updated scans and will be imported over with the new versions in MLB 15.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #24
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Might be wrong here. I thought it was players created by users. Like for OSFM. Wouldnt have any of that stuff. But if a player like Baez that came up and was added to the game as a CAP by the devs themselves would get those updates. Did that make sense?

Any real players not created by us won't be updated, and only the players created by us in the original roster you used to start your franchise or rtts will be updated. We will investigate a possible player import feature in a patch or for MLB 16. Nothing is confirmed or set in stone though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »