Home

will we see cloth physics in this hardware generation?

This is a discussion on will we see cloth physics in this hardware generation? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: will we see cloth physics in this hardware generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
We'll likely see both (physics and closed stadiums) and more when they decide to make the game PS4 only.
If it's anything like last generation, that will take a while. Didn't they continue to release the ps2 version up through MLB 11? If it's the same for this gen, then we won't see PS4 exclusivity until MLB 19.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm just glad we finally have melanin physics.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I will be shocked if we don't get new consoles by late 2018, so I say we see both in the next couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I will be shocked if we don't get new consoles by late 2018, so I say we see both in the next couple of years.
You think so? I dont know man I feel like this generation will be ours for at least another 5-6 years. Sony/MS/Nintendo seem to be realizing that throwing out consoles every other year isn't as profitable as it used to be.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:12 AM   #13
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

Yeah I say 2018 or 19 as another then last gen ever gen has been like 5-6 years. Last gen was like 2 years longer then normal and the people that make the games started to complain about it.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 AM   #14
Pro

Would you accept a year of no new modes, gameplay improvements or whatever, but in exchange there is a complete graphical overhaul? I think I would.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Would you accept a year of no new modes, gameplay improvements or whatever, but in exchange there is a complete graphical overhaul? I think I would.
Except it doesn't work that way.

For as long as there has been sports video gaming message boards there has been this notion that there is a choice between graphical improvements or game play improvements.

Simply put, we can have both. They are two entirely different departments of a game's development staff.

We constantly go back and forth over what our preferences are when it comes to improvements, but the problem is that our opinions are all subjective. We all have specific tastes and what is important to one person might not matter to another.

The best part about that is that if any video game developer can allocate the resources (time and funding) for any specific compartment of the game then that game can and will see improvements within that department. But graphical improvements hardly ever come at the expense of game play, just as the opposite holds true.

Graphical improvements come at the expense of other graphical improvements left on the table because the graphics department didn't have enough time or manpower to address a multitude of large priorities.

I long for a day where gamers can grasp this concept and begin to understand how this aspect of game development works. I think we all will be better off if we realize this and stop fighting with each other over what our own specific priorities are because we are all correct and we can have it all, it just takes time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #16
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You think so? I dont know man I feel like this generation will be ours for at least another 5-6 years. Sony/MS/Nintendo seem to be realizing that throwing out consoles every other year isn't as profitable as it used to be.
Yeah, late 2018/early 2019 is more aligned with the PSX and PS2 cycles. I think the length of last gen was an anomaly due to Sony and Microsoft trying to recoup their early losses, and with the PS4 being pretty much profitable from day one, there is no need to drag out its life cycle an extra 2-3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »