Home

2015 Rookies not in March 31st game

This is a discussion on 2015 Rookies not in March 31st game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2015 Rookies not in March 31st game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Bryant will be playing for the Cubs opening day. But it wont be the Chicago Cubs. After the 17th he will be tough.
I will be in Des Moines Iowa for the best part of the baseball season this year. I agree with HAMoose and will be able to check out Bryant, Russell etc. playing for the Iowa Cubs.

The Cubs have the top annual ranking of minor league talent followed by the Twins.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
2 for the Blue Jays

Devon Travis 2B
Miguel Castro RP
My motivation for asking about these rookies is that come next week, I will be tweaking the default rosters that come with the game in terms of who makes the various 40-man and 25-man rosters so that I can begin playing my 2015 "MLB The Show Season" ASAP (I don't want to wait the month or more for the full OSFM rosters). So I am less concerned about rookies who will be on the 40-man rosters but might not make the 25-man rosters until late in the real world season. But if there is a high impact rookie like a Yasmany Tomas from the Diamondbacks as an example who appears to be poised to not only make the 25-man squad but who also might be an every day starter for his team, then I will want to look into creating these players in game before I start my season. I have a 2015 modified OSFM roster created by sookiebunny that I have been using this spring in MLB 14 and would use the player's attributes from that roster set. I am just not sure how long it would take me to modify the player's appearance or how important it would be to get the appearance some what accurate. If it takes hours to get a player's appearance accurate, I need to either not worry about the accuracy or just skip the player if I deem them not to be an important enough rookie to be in the season.

So thxs Sip_16 ... this is the sort of info I was looking for. I will look into these two Blue Jays players this evening (as well as Raisel Iglesias). Oh and obviously people are free to chat about whatever they want to chat about in this thread. I was not aware that the Cub's Kris Bryant had these issues people speak of, so this is helpful as well ... when I watched a team report on the Cub's page of the MLB News website last night, I was left with the impression that Bryant would be on the 25-man roster, but it sounds like it may just be a temporary thing.

And if people are aware of any other high impact rookie (pitcher or positional players) who are poised make the 25-man rosters that have not been mentioned yet, please chime in.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-23-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
My motivation for asking about these rookies is that come next week, I will be tweaking the default rosters that come with the game in terms of who makes the various 40-man and 25-man rosters so that I can begin playing my 2015 "MLB The Show Season" ASAP (I don't want to wait the month or more for the full OSFM rosters). So I am less concerned about rookies who will be on the 40-man rosters but might not make the 25-man rosters until late in the real world season. But if there is a high impact rookie like a Yasmany Tomas from the Diamondbacks as an example who appears to be poised to not only make the 25-man squad but who also might be an every day starter for his team, then I will want to look into creating these players in game before I start my season. I have a 2015 modified OSFM roster created by sookiebunny that I have been using this spring in MLB 14 and would use the player's attributes from that roster set. I am just not sure how long it would take me to modify the player's appearance or how important it would be to get the appearance some what accurate. If it takes hours to get a player's appearance accurate, I need to either not worry about the accuracy or just skip the player if I deem them not to be an important enough rookie to be in the season.

So thxs Sip_16 ... this is the sort of info I was looking for. I will look into these two Blue Jays players this evening (as well as Raisel Iglesias). Oh and obviously people are free to chat about whatever they want to chat about in this thread. I was not aware that the Cub's Kris Bryant had these issues people speak of, so this is helpful as well ... when I watched a team report on the Cub's page of the MLB News website last night, I was left with the impression that Bryant would be on the 25-man roster, but it sounds like it may just be a temporary thing.

And if people are aware of any other high impact rookie (pitcher or positional players) who are poised make the 25-man rosters that have not been mentioned yet, please chime in.
For the 2 I mentioned, its all been said that Castro is on the team out of the bullpen for sure. 20 year old kid that throws 95-99 with sink, a change up in the high 80s and a slider ( all which he has commanded pretty unbelievably for a 20 year old.

Travis appears to be the starting 2B since Izturis won't be ready for the season, I'd say its his to lose at this point and maybe 80-85% of being the starter as he has been on fire with the bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Micah Johnson. White Sox 2B
Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Nah, they are not concerned about the arbitration clock/Super 2 status. The Cubs just know that since Bryant's agent is Scott Boras, he'll be gone as soon as he's a free agent, like all Boras clients. They'd like to have him through 2021, they can afford to pay him in arbitration if they get to that.
He won't leave when he hits free agency, he may test the waters but the Cubs are a major market team and they'll make him one of, if not the highest paid player in baseball when that time comes.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #14
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
He won't leave when he hits free agency, he may test the waters but the Cubs are a major market team and they'll make him one of, if not the highest paid player in baseball when that time comes.
A lot of **** can happen the next 6 years.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

I definitely will want to add the following players:

- Kris Bryant, 3B Cubs (may use him on the Cub's bench based on his status with the team)
- Yasmany Tomas, 3B Diamondbacks
- Jung Ho Kang, SS Pirates

plus four more recommendations which appear worthy of also adding:

- Devon Travis, 2B Blue Jays
- Miguel Castro, RP Blue Jays
- Raisel Iglesias, SP Reds
- Micah Johnson. 2B White Sox

But ... Travis and Castro are not in my 2015 modified OSFM roster set at all and Iglesias is only a 55 (seems pretty low for a potential 5th man in the Red's rotation) and Micah Johnson is 67 (which may be fine). I am not all that worried about the player likeness and for the players in my 2015 modified OSFM rosters, I can just replicate the likenesses they had in that roster set. But are there any "realistic" recommendations for these four other players in terms of their ratings? Are there any other players I could compare them to and use the other player's ratings for these four?

Last edited by My993C2; 03-23-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #16
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
I wouldn't go that far and say that. His parents are my neighbors and they aren't particularly thrilled with the situation. The Cubs told all their players before Spring Training that anybody could win a job and Kris took that to heart and is proving he deserves to be there weather at 3B or in LF.

Cubs can keep that arbitration clock all they want.................it wont matter if he ends up burning them in Free Agency down the road anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »