Home

2015 Rookies not in March 31st game

This is a discussion on 2015 Rookies not in March 31st game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 Rookies not in March 31st game

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Worth the wait for Franchise mode players, yes. Not worth the wait for a Season mode guys like me. Unless the people working on OSFM rosters are modifying player ratings for all major league players (something I was under the impression they do not do), then there is only a handful of players from each team's 40-man rosters that might be effected by the OSFM roster mods. Season mode does not use the full minor league collection of players. It only uses the 40-man roster.
The "stock" OSFM doesn't but the hybrid does and that should becoming out around the same time.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:03 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Hector Olivera needs to actually sign for a real world team before I can put him in my game.
That did not take long. Dodgers signed the Cuba today.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #35
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I doubt the OSFM will take us even a month this year and I can guarantee it will be worth the wait this year.
I'm tremendously grateful for the OSFM rosters, and use them every year. That's great news.

I'll still be starting a practice franchise of my own on the 31st and redoing all of the contracts myself, along with creating Cubs top players in the minors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 AM   #36
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Not trying to start a mini(good time!) riot....but Ramone posted an interesting tidbit in another thread.

They are exploring the possibility of patching in the ability to import players mid franchise.

NOTHING is promised....but it's being explored.

How friggin' great would THAT be?!!!!

M.K.
Knight165
This is the one and only feature Ive wanted the show to add this year. I reset my franchise over and over everytime a new Giant is called up and added. I cant help myself. I really hope they can patch this in. If not, its at least good to know the dev's recognize this is a problem with the current game. If not a patch, maybe they can get it into next years game.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
This is the one and only feature Ive wanted the show to add this year. I reset my franchise over and over everytime a new Giant is called up and added. I cant help myself. I really hope they can patch this in. If not, its at least good to know the dev's recognize this is a problem with the current game. If not a patch, maybe they can get it into next years game.
This isn't something they just realized we've wanted.
They have actually tried this in the past...a few years ago. There were tons of problems with the import portion. I guess it had to do with the in progress portion of the franchise.
It's my understanding that the amount of work done on year to year carry over was IMMENSE to get it to work as is(rather than from a specific point that can be "controlled") and I'm further guessing that it gave them solution to importing players mid-franchise. So it's a bonus.

Hopefully they can get it in because it really goes hand in hand with Y2Y saves IMO.

Another bonus would be if we ever get custom franchise setup....you could start a franchise from any year and have your franchise evolve as it did for real.
That would be unbelievable.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #38
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Another bonus would be if we ever get custom franchise setup....you could start a franchise from any year and have your franchise evolve as it did for real.
That would be unbelievable.

M.K.
Knight165
Now you really are getting into the wondrous OOTP territory
Old 03-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 55

We still don't even have career stat tracking in franchise mode so I'm not going to hold my breath on any of this. It would certainly be nice though!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
But ... Travis and Castro are not in my 2015 modified OSFM roster set at all and Iglesias is only a 55 (seems pretty low for a potential 5th man in the Red's rotation) and Micah Johnson is 67 (which may be fine). I am not all that worried about the player likeness and for the players in my 2015 modified OSFM rosters, I can just replicate the likenesses they had in that roster set.
I was mistaken when I said this the other day. Last night I found all the missing players in the Free Agents pool of the modified 2015 OSFM roster set sookiebunny released into the vault about a month or so ago. Hector Olivera, Kris Bryant, Devon Travis and Miguel Castro were all hiding as free agents (Castro was a little harder to find because his overall rating was only a mere 56). I have begun the process of releasing players from the Dodgers, Cubs and Blue Jays 40-man rosters to clear a spot for these missing free agents and once the released players clear waivers and spots on the 40-man rosters open up I can sign the missing players to their respective teams and their player likenesses and ratings will then become available to me in the player editor which I will then import into the MLB 15 game when I get it next week. It's really the player likeness setting I am after as I will overwrite the player ratings if and when SCEA adds them to the game in a future roster update or wait for the 2015 OSFM to be released.

Oh and for the fellow who recommended that Micah Johnson from the White Sox have a base stealing rating of at least 90. No need to worry as the roster set I have has him as a 99 when it comes to stealing bases. It's just some of his other ratings that brings his overall score down.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-26-2015 at 10:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »