Home

MLB 15: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions Only!)

This is a discussion on MLB 15: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions Only!) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:24 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions Only!)

Great tech in this game. Small cloud of sand from the hop of the baseball, along with dirt mid air, grass swooped up beneath the diving Matt Adams, individual grass, dynamic lighting, high def crowd, me in the back (#77), name brand gloves, etc
Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #58
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Just had a challenge on a play at first. Called safe on the field and an option came up to challenge and I did. They replayed it a couple times and reversed the call to an out. Then bing I got a trophy. Super cool and the commentary was spot on.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #59
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok I was wrong about the shadow jaggies being gone. They are definetly way better but they still show up once and a while.

Something else weird I've noticed. When I'm pitching using the camera behind the pitcher. As soon as I pick a pitch when the pitch meter comes up the graphics have some weird type hiccup and all of a sudden the catchers and batters sleeves get all weird and you can see the skin through them.

Look at the catchers arms on the second photo. It might not look like much but when your playing the game those splotches are moving and flashing.

And it's exactly when I hit the button to pick a pitch. It's like the whole screen takes a milisecond graphic hit or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150329_051340.jpg (608.4 KB, 1041 views)
File Type: jpg 20150329_051410.jpg (624.4 KB, 1043 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

One piece of advice to share with fellow Show goers...

DEFENSIVE ALIGNMENT IS A MUST IN THIS GAME!

With how the defense has been reworked (for the better) and you're not able to run down balls easily like year's past, you are now forced to move your defense around to take away things like, ball over outfielders head, shots down the lines, or pull hits for certain players.

Like I said, fielding is a bit frustrating at first because of what we have been used to, but that is a very very good thing!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #61
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One piece of advice to share with fellow Show goers...

DEFENSIVE ALIGNMENT IS A MUST IN THIS GAME!

With how the defense has been reworked (for the better) and you're not able to run down balls easily like year's past, you are now forced to move your defense around to take away things like, ball over outfielders head, shots down the lines, or pull hits for certain players.

Like I said, fielding is a bit frustrating at first because of what we have been used to, but that is a very very good thing!
Yes, agree cb. The OF player suction type fielding is gone. The players also have momentum when sprinting for a ball. Really enjoying the fielding this yr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Yes, agree cb. The OF player suction type fielding is gone. The players also have momentum when sprinting for a ball. Really enjoying the fielding this yr.
Same here. Fielding is great and it makes hitting fun as well since the cpu fielders no longer get to these balls either.

Takes a few games to get used to, but man is it a great improvement!

I also want to say that for those wondering, I have not yet seen the wall suction animation that triggered last year when your player was fielding a ball near the wall. Last year you would get sucked into this animation that would pull your fielder towards the wall. This year that is non-existent, at least through my 10 games or so it has been.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #63
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Didn't get to play a full game just played the installation game between royal and giants.

The ai is much better in four innings I was down seven to one and I wasn't even mad lol

The graphics just amazing

I love the new hitting in this game

Usually I do auto fielding but I actually like controlling the players. Most of the runs I gave up was because I didn't throw to the cut off man. I see this year it's very important

Love the sound and to think I didnt get to see the full thing since it was installing

Later today I play a full game and come back with more thoughts. But so far Russell snd crew thank u as always for a wonderful game. I can't wait to see the little things thread this year

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 03-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
MLB 15: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions Only!)

This is probably old and seen before but I thought it was pretty cool to see old teammates chalk it up before a game. Hanley Ramirez & Adrian Gonzalez at Fenway Park. And I might add Fenway looks amazing at night. Hell all the parks look amazing with the lighting tweaks

BEST SPORTS GAME EVER!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-29-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »