Home

Disc vs Download

This is a discussion on Disc vs Download within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Disc vs Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
The footprint is the same whether you buy digital or physical...
I didn't know that, but it doesn't matter anyways. Plus another reason I don't is because there are always issues with the downloaded versions of games.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Like someone else has already said in here if you go disc you can trade in the game once you are finished playing it and you can also take it and play it on other ps4s. If you go digital you can pre-load the game on Sunday and be able to play it at 12:01am on Tuesday. They both take up the same amount of space on your HDD. I have gone digital with 8 games and haven't had any issues with them.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #11
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I didn't know that, but it doesn't matter anyways. Plus another reason I don't is because there are always issues with the downloaded versions of games.
Always?

I pre-ordered Bloodborne. It preloaded on Sunday, I was able to start playing it Monday at 11:00 PM my time (it unlocked at Midnight Eastern). I have played it every day since without any issue.

I could come back and say digital versions can't be scratched, broken, sat on or generally mistreated.

Personally I want digital. I won't trade it in and it is a game I will be able to load up at anytime throughout the year without having to swap disks out to jump between games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Sometimes there are issues, but not always. Last fall the GTA V release for the PS4 went incredibly smooth for me. It did not take as long as I thought it would take to pre-load the game and I was launching the game to play it within 1 second of when the servers activated the game at the strike of midnight (10 pm for where I live). I am hoping that the problems SCEA had last year with the downloads was a one off. I bought the disk version last year with MLB 14 but based on my experiences with the GTA V release, I went with the download this year. Of course I will be rather disappointed if SCEA messes things up again this year, but I am optimistic that they won't ... knock on wood.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Sometimes there are issues, but not always. Last fall the GTA V release for the PS4 went incredibly smooth for me. It did not take as long as I thought it would take to pre-load the game and I was launching the game to play it within 1 second of when the servers activated the game at the strike of midnight (10 pm for where I live). I am hoping that the problems SCEA had last year with the downloads was a one off. I bought the disk version last year with MLB 14 but based on my experiences with the GTA V release, I went with the download this year. Of course I will be rather disappointed if SCEA messes things up again this year, but I am optimistic that they won't ... knock on wood.
It should be fine this year since now we have the option to pre-load the game.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #14
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I have over 10 ps4 game downloads. All $60 games and on xbox one I have same but just 7 games and none have ever given me one issue at all

I only buy disc for games like The Order, Far Cry, AC Unity that I can beat in a short period and have no replay value so I get good trade in bonus

Sports games are a must on digital because you cant get any real value 8 months after purchase and switching disc and having the ps4 make noises is annoying
Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

It's all personal preference but mine is digital and I will explain why.

1. Time. It may not sound like much and I may sound like a spoiled person, but having to change discs every time is a real pain the ***. No I'm not some 9 year old kid that's only played games post PS3. I have played and owned systems including the SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360.

It really isn't a hassle until you get 1 or 2 digital games and realize how incredibly convenient it is to just click the PS button and then click on the game you want to play instead of having to change discs.

2. Space and Scratches. Having a ton of games take up a lot of physical space, and of course you're always in danger of sratching your CD to the point where it hinders gameplay.

3. Gameshare. This is the by far the biggest and best reason. My buddy and I do this for all our games. I will buy one game digitally and share with them. Then next time he does it and shares with me and we go back and forth.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #16
Banned

DocZen's Arena

OVR: 0

Digital 100%

..because it's 2015, not 1999

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »