Home

CPU controlling my transactions after spring training

This is a discussion on CPU controlling my transactions after spring training within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU controlling my transactions after spring training

I'm controlling one team for franchise. When I set my rosters, lineups and rotations then simulate the preseason, there's no option to send up/down to get down to a 25 man roster. The CPU does it for me automatically. In addition, it resets my lineups and rotations.

Is there something I am missing or do I just have to do it all again once the season starts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: CPU controlling my transactions after spring training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephiskapheles
I'm controlling one team for franchise. When I set my rosters, lineups and rotations then simulate the preseason, there's no option to send up/down to get down to a 25 man roster. The CPU does it for me automatically. In addition, it resets my lineups and rotations.

Is there something I am missing or do I just have to do it all again once the season starts?
You are missing it.
You have to go into MANAGE ROSTER.....send 15 players to the minors.
If you leave any ST----->>>>Regular Season decision to the CPU....it's going to change your roster and your lineups/rotations.
If you make sure that you have just 25 players on the MLB level....your lineups/rotations will be the same when your start the regular season.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

To advance to the regular season your team has to be trimmed to 25 so if you didn't do that before you simulated through the spring the CPU has to make roster changes.

To avoid this happening you need to make the roster compliant for the regular season before you sim.

I just sim to the last day of the spring and make the necessary changes.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:

I can't address the transactions issue since I do 30-team control and prior to moving from Spring Training to the Regular season I set the 25-man rosters for all the teams myself (perhaps the game works different with 30-team control). However last year I noticed game would reset all the lineups when moving from Spring Training into the Regular Season. It's definitely a pain in the rear end to have to redo all 30 teams, so this year I won't bother worrying about setting the lineups until I am in the Regular Season.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I can't address the transactions issue since I do 30-team control and prior to moving from Spring Training to the Regular season I set the 25-man rosters for all the teams myself (perhaps the game works different with 30-team control). However last year I noticed game would reset all the lineups when moving from Spring Training into the Regular Season. It's definitely a pain in the rear end to have to redo all 30 teams, so this year I won't bother worrying about setting the lineups until I am in the Regular Season.
If you had a profile...with lineups/rotations to MANUAL assigned to those teams.......and made sure there were just 25 players on the MLB level....I GUARANTEE the lineups and rotations did not change from ST to RS.
Not last year and not this year.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

I could swear in last year's game there was a message at the end of spring training that prompted you to fix the rosters. Just like an "invalid lineup" message or when a player is injured, you can manually or auto fix it.

You could then manually get down to 25 man or choose "auto".

Also, and this is the only other thing I can't figure out, how do you get live rosters? When I first installed and booted the game up, it prompted me to download the live rosters. I didn't save them. Now the "save live roster" under file management won't give me the updated rosters. Neither will "use live roster" when starting a franchise. I'm not getting the prompt to download them when I start the disc now.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
I could swear in last year's game there was a message at the end of spring training that prompted you to fix the rosters. Just like an "invalid lineup" message or when a player is injured, you can manually or auto fix it.

You could then manually get down to 25 man or choose "auto".

Also, and this is the only other thing I can't figure out, how do you get live rosters? When I first installed and booted the game up, it prompted me to download the live rosters. I didn't save them. Now the "save live roster" under file management won't give me the updated rosters. Neither will "use live roster" when starting a franchise. I'm not getting the prompt to download them when I start the disc now.

If there is an injury to a player that is in a lineup...you will get that message.

On the roster....I think once you have download it...and it applies perhaps you don't have to do it again until the next update?
Just a guess on that.
If you go online to play.....it will only let you do it with the updated roster, so you could try that.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

When I first downloaded the live roster I looked at it and it had the updated transactions. Now even if I use the "save live roster" option then load it, it's the default roster that came with the game. It didn't become the new "default" roster like when you change the options and set as default.

I will try the online game suggestion though, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »