Home

Your first game on MLB 15?

This is a discussion on Your first game on MLB 15? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 01:39 AM   #1
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Your first game on MLB 15?

So my first game of MLB 15 was Nationals at Orioles (I'm the O's of course). Strasburg vs. Chen.

It's a pitchers duel until the 5th inning. Solo homer for Wieters to right (my first run/homerun on 15). A few batters later I hit a 2 run shot with De Aza. Everything's going well until the 7th. Chen gets over 100 pitches and gets into some trouble. Bases loaded with 1 out but I leave him in there to face Nate McLouth. Strike out. I'm thinking "okay, 2 outs bases loaded top of the 7th up 3-0. let me try to get Rendon out to before I pull Chen." Bad call. Rendon hit a grand slam to take the lead. Bottom of the 7th Hardy doubles and Schoop singles to center to tie the game. We're back in it!

I get to the bottom of the 9th and hit a leadoff double with Wieters. Hardy flew to right so I move to third with 1 out. Lough then proceeds to pop out and Schoop does as well, end of inning. Top of the 10th the Nats load the bases again with 2 outs and Harper steps to the plate. I haven't gotten him out all game. 3-2 count and he fouls off 3 pitches, then a groundout to Hardy and ends the inning. Whew!

Bottom of the 10th... De Aza flies out. Machado flies out. Adam Jones 3-2 count... GONE to left field and I get the walk off win first game on! With none other than the O's clubhouse leader Adam Jones.

Now I ask you what happened in your first game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 AM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your first game on MLB 15?

I played with the default settings for experienced and played the Cardinal vs The Cubs at Busch for a 4:00 game in April. OMG the lighting and shadows and the grass color were all just brilliant.

Obviously the game was pitchers duel with Lester Vs Wainright and as I tried to get accustomed to the hitting but in the fourth I broke out with back to back homers with Matt Holiday, who tucked on over the left field wall, and Matt Adams who hit his high off the foul pole in right.

That was all we needed as we added a few more and won the game 4-1.

The pitching must have been set to really easy though as Wainright racked up 15 K's to earn a trophy.

I earned 4 trophies in that first game

Straight Paint - No Walks
The Claw - 15 Ks
Feel The Breeze - Strike out 3 in an inning
Lucky - Reach on an error
Old 03-31-2015, 02:28 AM   #3
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Was my second game but my first HR was an oppo with Brandon Belt for a 3 run HR against Sonny Gray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #4
Rookie

sigurd's Arena

Marlins vs Braves. I won 5-2 thanks to a grand slam from Freeman. Alex Wood pitched a good game but he did give up a 437 foot homer to Stanton lol.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:35 AM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

You are all very lucky.
My first game was the giants vs the royals
2 teams I could care less about

There was no commentary.
the controls I had to use were awful.

And I couldnt tell you the final score because I don't care.

I kid.......

Well after the game installed my first game was jays vs Yankees which Mr Dickey gave up 13 runs and Tanaka threw a 1 hitter.
Realization set in that I might be rusty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Royals vs Mets, I'm the Mets and I won 5-3. Matt Harvey went 7 innings giving up 1 run on 4 hits and 11ks. I struck out with my first 3 guys to start the game and then I started to hit ok after that.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just your average Cards-Cubs game....

Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
So my first game of MLB 15 was Nationals at Orioles (I'm the O's of course). Strasburg vs. Chen.

It's a pitchers duel until the 5th inning. Solo homer for Wieters to right (my first run/homerun on 15). A few batters later I hit a 2 run shot with De Aza. Everything's going well until the 7th. Chen gets over 100 pitches and gets into some trouble. Bases loaded with 1 out but I leave him in there to face Nate McLouth. Strike out. I'm thinking "okay, 2 outs bases loaded top of the 7th up 3-0. let me try to get Rendon out to before I pull Chen." Bad call. Rendon hit a grand slam to take the lead. Bottom of the 7th Hardy doubles and Schoop singles to center to tie the game. We're back in it!

I get to the bottom of the 9th and hit a leadoff double with Wieters. Hardy flew to right so I move to third with 1 out. Lough then proceeds to pop out and Schoop does as well, end of inning. Top of the 10th the Nats load the bases again with 2 outs and Harper steps to the plate. I haven't gotten him out all game. 3-2 count and he fouls off 3 pitches, then a groundout to Hardy and ends the inning. Whew!

Bottom of the 10th... De Aza flies out. Machado flies out. Adam Jones 3-2 count... GONE to left field and I get the walk off win first game on! With none other than the O's clubhouse leader Adam Jones.

Now I ask you what happened in your first game?
I'm surprised Wieters was able to advance to third on a fly out to right with that piano on his back....lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »