Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #49
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Nope the same.
All the improvements and additions to Commentary are listed below. It's not the same.

Play-by-Play, Commentary, and PA Improvements
(PS3 & PS4 Only)
Improved strike zone accuracy with new pitch locations for on-the-black calls and borderline balls & strikes
Improved hit call accuracy through new field zone locations and deeper parameter logic
Improved runner rounding base and runner scoring content for more exciting big-play calls
Improved deep fly ball logic that allows more diverse calls on potential home runs, and prevents the user from hearing calls that give away the play result before it occurs
Improved foul ball logic to allow for open-ended play-by-play on playable or nearly playable balls, prevents user from hearing calls that give away the result
New batter introductions and pitch result content for the new skip batter walkup system (speeds up gameplay, tightens play-by-play)
New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type
New conversations with color commentary that remember and discuss the team’s recent record
New conversations with color commentary that highlight the impact of important double plays
New PA batter introductions and content for the new Home Run Derby format
New batter introductions that call out the three part stat line for Average, Home Runs, and RBI’s on the year
New create-a-player first and last names
New play by play and color commentary content for the manager challenge system
Over 1,700 new lines of play-by-play content
Over 1,400 new lines of color commentary
Old 03-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #50
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

No rewards with digital copy.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #51
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
All the improvements and additions to Commentary are listed below. It's not the same.

Play-by-Play, Commentary, and PA Improvements
(PS3 & PS4 Only)
Improved strike zone accuracy with new pitch locations for on-the-black calls and borderline balls & strikes
Improved hit call accuracy through new field zone locations and deeper parameter logic
Improved runner rounding base and runner scoring content for more exciting big-play calls
Improved deep fly ball logic that allows more diverse calls on potential home runs, and prevents the user from hearing calls that give away the play result before it occurs
Improved foul ball logic to allow for open-ended play-by-play on playable or nearly playable balls, prevents user from hearing calls that give away the result
New batter introductions and pitch result content for the new skip batter walkup system (speeds up gameplay, tightens play-by-play)
New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type
New conversations with color commentary that remember and discuss the team’s recent record
New conversations with color commentary that highlight the impact of important double plays
New PA batter introductions and content for the new Home Run Derby format
New batter introductions that call out the three part stat line for Average, Home Runs, and RBI’s on the year
New create-a-player first and last names
New play by play and color commentary content for the manager challenge system
Over 1,700 new lines of play-by-play content
Over 1,400 new lines of color commentary
Thank you Russel for setting me straight. Great job to you and your crew. Kudos. I hope the changes are noticeable enough, being I play sooo much. (Add Tanaka for the Yanks please, announcer wise ) Question, is the improved commentary across the board, no matter what mode you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

Anyone else with the digital version having problem coming back from rest mode? I was able to do it this morning (the first time I tried it) but now every time i put my PS4 into rest mode, I can't restart it - and have to do a hard reset by pulling the plug.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM   #53
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Also, i feel like most of the new pitching deliveries were done lazily, basically all of them have the same finish, they look almost robotic. Also doesn't look like a lot of attention was given to some of the signature things some pitchers do when in the stretch.

The last couple years, the pitching deliveries were really starting to look good, fluid, realistic motions, but this year they took a step back IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Just have to say...

SCEA bravo on the pitching motions... Very well done!!!
Well now, you can't both be correct lol.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:48 PM   #54
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

took a bit to get a hang of the hitting timing, but it is slowly coming together now.. I love the new ball movement on pitches especially the 2 seamers coming back to the outside and the nasty sinkers.. Love it

Maybe its just me ,but i am seeing a lot of balls at/near the pitcher again but that is no game breaker by any means.

1 of my buds mentioned the band scorebaord thing by center field at Seattle and losing the ball in it? I haven't played there yet tho
Old 03-31-2015, 05:48 PM   #55
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
no one has mentioned the improved commentary and play by play. is it vastly improved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Nope the same.
I mentioned it in my impressions (which apparently were in the thread that got locked right after). I'll add my overall impressions in spoilers (for length), but basically I wouldn't say "vastly improved" by any stretch, but I also wouldn't say it's the same either. I think it will feel pretty much the same to many people because of it being the same team and plenty of the same lines from over the years, and that's definitely fair, but the change in accuracy and approach is noticeably better IMO.

To explain, I noticed the improvements in how commentary is stitched/spliced right away, but the main thing holding it back is that, while there is now more back and forth and some more situational accuracy (both in call and emotion), it's still lacking in flow from one play to the next if the plays aren't easily related.

For example, in NBA 2K, if a conversation gets cut off due to action on the court, they'll eventually say something like "and getting back to..." or " and as you were saying earlier..." and resume, branch off of, or close out the discussion (sometimes even incorporating the interrupting action into the prior conversation!). In The Show, they cut it off properly now, but that's it. It's never picked back up or properly closed out, but left hanging, which makes the back and forth still seem disconnected.

This year seems like a good foundational step towards that, but it remains to be seen if a) it will come together and b) people will simply not care if it does because they're simply tired of Matt and co. Personally I think it's promising, but there's little that will wow you on the surface this year (though that is based off of early play. I would imagine some of the current changes also will shine best once one is deeper in franchise/RTTS, making it hard to judge accurately so early in the release).

Hope that explains it well!

Overall Impressions so far:

Spoiler

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-31-2015 at 05:53 PM. Reason: organized...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

got the game after lunch.
didnt get it last yeat for ps4.
graphics are amazing.
lighting and the baseball sounds are just much improved.

but my fav new little thing is seeing the ball after contact

i hit from broadcast view and im so happy they added for you to see the ball trajectory after contact. finally!
russell. if you are reading this is there anyway in a patch we can have this for pitching too??
i know it may be a timing issue with fielding. but how about enabling it for auto fielding or just have it as its own camera???

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »