Home

How Has Your MLB 15 The Show Online Experience Been?

This is a discussion on How Has Your MLB 15 The Show Online Experience Been? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #41
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: How Has Your MLB 15 The Show Online Experience Been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
Basically still terrible. Same old exploits that have been in every year still exist:

- Basestealing is pretty much automatic because of the delay between when the meter starts and when the pitch is delivered. No matter how well you hold the runner on, or pitch out they still get a massive headstart.

- Latency issues make timing a crap shoot at best. I get that there's going to be lag or a delay or whatever online, but for a sport that relies so heavily on timing it makes it incredibly frustrating to play.

- Also, what happened to giving us the ability to change options for our online challenge settings in rated matches? As it stands now, the only thing we're allowed to change is hitting and pitching difficulty, guess pitch, and quick counts. Why, oh, why are strike zones and fast play forced on and balks forced off? This is a gamekiller for me. Fast pitching is bar none the worst part of playing baseball online, and the only way to combat that in the past has been having balks on.

I enjoy the challenge of playing against other humans, but I don't know if I can take another year of this mess.

edit: Also, my game has frozen 3 times already out of a total of like 10 games.
and yet here you are a member of a "sim community" and still play randoms?? Go ahead and add some like minded sim players from OS and slide step is your friend a lot sounds like complaining to complain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #42
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm4481
Has anyone had trouble getting their online franchise to activate? I upload the roster and it's been stuck on awaiting activation for about 3 hrs now?
make sure all teams are CPU or user controlled and you will need to hit activate franchise at the main menu tab
Old 04-01-2015, 01:01 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
make sure all teams are CPU or user controlled and you will need to hit activate franchise at the main menu tab
I thought I had done this. I just wanted to get a league started so it's just me controlling the Rockies. Next to the Rockies it says my user name and on in green box and then for every other team in baseball it says cpu next to it and off in a red box. I go to upload roster and just upload the default one. In the events and history it says online franchise creation complete, then processing roster please wait a few minutes for the teams to warm up, etc. I then go to awaiting activation and it says You must upload a roster from the home tab to progress the franchise into a forming state, but when I click on the awaiting activation tab it says awaiting activation by commissioner. It's said this for over 3 hrs now?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:19 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have played 5 games online (3 with a friend and 2 random online rated games) and have had absolutely no lag and no disconnections. Which is a far cry from last year when I couldn't play at all due to lag and disconnect problems. Those who are having problems might need to check their connection and make sure they are Nat type 2...
Old 04-01-2015, 04:01 AM   #45
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

I played one game online and had very minimal lag. Last year I couldn't even play a whole game online without it glitching out on me. However, I lost. It's only fair if I win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 04:13 AM   #46
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Played 4 games tonight.

First game was against who admittedly doesn't have a great connection and there was warping all over the place when things got hit to the outfield.

2nd - 4th games were against someone I know across the coast and everything was flawless.

One potentially troubling thing was me throwing a pitch in the strike zone for a ball ( it was well within the strike zone) and on my friends screen it was down in the dirt for a ball. Two totally different placements. I even got commentary talking about how the umpire blew the call.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #47
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

Hopefully im not the only one, but im not a fan of being forced to use "fast play" presentation in DD games. Both against another user and cpu/extra innings. Would love to be able to watch replays and enjoy the ambiance you get in regular modes
Old 04-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #48
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
yes I am aware of this, I'm looking for feedback from people in these leagues on their experiences in a controlled leagues as compared to quick play online games . My bad if it wasn't more clear a question..lol
I played three league games last night and each one played flawless, as if it was offline. If I am fortunate enough for this to be the norm then I may have to get a divorce as I had a complete blast and will be playing into the wee hours of the night !

sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »