Home

Doubles down the line

This is a discussion on Doubles down the line within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Doubles down the line

Sorry, I couldn't find the thread I wanted to put this in.. if a mod feels like closing this, I won't protest... just wanted to show that doubles down the line really do exist in this game. go to 13:30 to see it (I dont know why it decided to record 15 minutes worth of gameplay for my little segment). (And for those who say I had to chase the ball, it was only a couple steps, and the guy made it in well ahead of the throw soon yeah he would've made it anyways).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Doubles down the line

I still think the players get to the ball too quick...that ball should have touched the wall.
Also, you are the player and take odd angles, the CPU would have taken a better route and stopped the ball earlier, and it would have been a closer play at the bag at 2nd.

With that being said....

I think sliders this year will play a bigger role, because the outfielders and balls in the gap and down the line is much improved. The field feels normal sized, and does not play small like it has in the past.

So I think lowering OF speed will go a long way this year to making that same hit more realistic.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've had doubles down the line and I've only played 3 full games so far. No issues from what I have seen. Been working on my set of sliders for me and so far the game as expected..plays great.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-31-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

For every double down the line you guys upload, I'll counter you with ten singles down the line.

Note that my slider set lowers fielder speed, reaction, and outfield throwing speeds significantly.

The issue(s) pertain to initial corner outfielder positioning. They are too close to the line and too close to the infield.

(note that I have had doubles down the line, but they are few and far between)
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

I had some doubles down the line last year too. Like Blzer stated above, it's the frequency in which those hits are turned into singles which is the issue. The ball just slows down too much in the outfield grass, the outfielders cut them off too quickly and the spin of the ball should take it further into foul territory rather than rolling straight down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

My very next game... Not saying I'm seeing 5 a game but they aren't few and far between..
This one wasn't a grounder but a couple hops to fence..
I agree that sliders will get what everyone wants though. Also agree that fielders (still tweaking) get to balls a bit quick as grounders need less friction killing as part of the solution maybe.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-31-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Right, line drives and fly balls down the line will always be doubles, or at least they should be. It's the ground balls that are issues.

I'll try and upload ten minutes of gameplay sometime, just to get the overall effect of how my sliders work with the fielders at the moment. Haven't used the video share feature before, normally I just use my Hauppauge (and haven't unpacked that since my move).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-31-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Right, line drives and fly balls down the line will always be doubles, or at least they should be. It's the ground balls that are issues.

I'll try and upload ten minutes of gameplay sometime, just to get the overall effect of how my sliders work with the fielders at the moment. Haven't used the video share feature before, normally I just use my Hauppauge (and haven't unpacked that since my move).
I don't disagree, but I want to point out that that in itself is fairly new. There was a time where even line drives and fly balls were sucked up by the outfield before you even got to first base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »