Home

Pure analog...

This is a discussion on Pure analog... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pure analog...

OMG sony why why why!!. This was such a horrible decision to take out stride hitting. Youve completely dumb down the hitting this year. Some of us want to play on HOF and Legend cause we want the challenge but you've reduced the skill level in hitting. Are you guys catering to caual gamers now?. Ugh so disapointing...i use the pull back as my timing mechanism now every swing i make is now a power swing. You've got the PS4 to work with now so you should have more memory/resources to work with so why remove a key feature?. How am i suppose to make a check swing if i'm just flicking up?. Just really dissapointed...youre suppose to ADD not remove features SONY!.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 AM   #26
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

In all fairness the check swing actually works pretty good when you flick up I've noticed. (I'm trying so hard to be positive)
Old 04-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #27
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

The swing mechanic is the same as the one that 2k baseball used. I'm not surprised no one else knew that seeing as I'M THE ONLY ONE EVER THAT PLAYED THAT GAME!!!! LOL

seriously though they knew that game blows why steal their swing mechanic? If your gonna jack an idea from them take the analog pitching motions that was actually kinda cool.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Yep, they lost a customer in me and I have bought it every year on release day since 08. I don't get why they couldn't just leave it in as an option. Absolutely baffling to me. I will stick with 14 and update the rosters the best I can. This is literally the worst change they could have made IMO.
If you're online I suggest grabbing the OSFM roster with the off-season changes before Sony shuts down the servers, which I think is happening soon.

I haven't had a chance to play 15 yet but I'll be going to a buddy's place to give it a try tomorrow. I've pre-ordered this game every year since 06 buy I held off this year after hearing about how they shafted those of us who loved the pure analog hitting. Sounds like I was right to be cautious. I'll make my own judgements tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #29
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

My swing timing is just so messed up without this.

I've been using the stride as a timing mechanism for like 4 years, probably 15,000 at bats in this game, it's literally wired into my DNA at this point lol. Muscle memory and whatnot.

Trying to swing without it and I'm just early on almost everything, and I'm flinching and swinging at stuff I don't want to because it just FEELS wrong. It's like my body is rejecting it like a bad transplant lol.

I carried over my RTTS and picked up in the middle of a season, 104 games in. My slash line at the time I carried it over was .330/.402/.636. I've played 9 games so far on 15, and over these 9 games I've hit .162/.225/.324 lol. Just submarining my MVP campaign.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 04-01-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
In all fairness the check swing actually works pretty good when you flick up I've noticed. (I'm trying so hard to be positive)
I have noticed this as well.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

"MLB 11 The Show*is proud to present our groundbreaking hitting controls with the ALL NEW Pure Analog Hitting System. One of our biggest goals this year for MLB 11 The Show was to give the fans a new way to play. Feel the rush of an incredibly realistic batting experience based on precise mechanics, anticipation, and pure instinct." So true...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...itting-system/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 AM   #32
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
My swing timing is just so messed up without this.

I've been using the stride as a timing mechanism for like 4 years, probably 15,000 at bats in this game, it's literally wired into my DNA at this point lol. Muscle memory and whatnot.

Trying to swing without it and I'm just early on almost everything, and I'm flinching and swinging at stuff I don't want to because it just FEELS wrong. It's like my body is rejecting it like a bad transplant lol.

I carried over my RTTS and picked up in the middle of a season, 104 games in. My slash line at the time I carried it over was .330/.402/.636. I've played 9 games so far on 15, and over these 9 games I've hit .162/.225/.324 lol. Just submarining my MVP campaign.
I started a thread months ago, when I figured out this change. Ramone said they are not going to bring it back for this year. It is very disappointing.

I feel just like you. My timing was based on the beginning of the stride, which always started at that point before the ball was leaving the pitcher's hand. I knew the speeds of the pitches and adjusted my swing based on my stride and pitch speeds. Now, I'm making noises in my head when I was about to stride in order to have a base point for my swing. It's just terrible.

And on top of that, now, you don't get pitch/swing info after every pitch. I know, that I don't need the PCI and I get the timing information, but they forgot one very important aspect of the pitch/swing info: PITCH SPEEDS You don't get feedback on pitch speeds if you swing the bat. I miss it.

All right, I stop the rant, and start getting used to the new mechanic...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »