Home

colors on meter pitching?

This is a discussion on colors on meter pitching? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
colors on meter pitching?

What do the different colors mean?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: colors on meter pitching?

Once you press the button for the pitch you want and the meter comes up. The only colored part you see is at the very end that goes from yellow to red. That determines how hard you throw the pitch. Once you start the pitch you see a white area show up around the middle. Thats your accuracy. You want to press X as close to that as you can.

So if you have a pitcher that throws a fastball anywhere from 96-100. Pressing X in the yellow area will make him throw it closer to 96. Pressing X at the end in the red will make him throw it closer to 100. And the harder you throw the pitch the more stamina it uses. So you dont want to go to the end of the meter for every pitch.

Thats a pretty bad explanation.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose

Thats a pretty bad explanation.
Never bake and cake and tell everyone that it tastes horrible.

You did a solid job in the explanation.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Never bake and cake and tell everyone that it tastes horrible.

You did a solid job in the explanation.
I dont think i get the reference. If i bake a cake i want that damn cake to myself. By saying it tastes horrible are people gonna think im lying?

I should just go to bed.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Meter pitching help

So I searched for forum posts and this is the closest one I found without starting a new one.

Anyway.....I am having issues in pitiching. I am using meter on all-star in both on and offline. My issue is that in the first couple innings I will give up alot of hits and end up playing most of the game coming from behind. I have tried altering the meter throughout the game. I will try to hit the little green spot before the yellow to help my pitchers confidence along, and I have also tried to come out blazing. I have gone middle of the road where yellow meets red and everything I do seems to be ineffective.

Late on in the game the pitcher seems to be more accurate and I can control the game better. Even when I bring in relievers they control the game pretty good. It is only in the first couple innings that it happens and I don't know what I can do to get out of that rut.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 02:03 AM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Meter pitching help

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
So I searched for forum posts and this is the closest one I found without starting a new one.

Anyway.....I am having issues in pitiching. I am using meter on all-star in both on and offline. My issue is that in the first couple innings I will give up alot of hits and end up playing most of the game coming from behind. I have tried altering the meter throughout the game. I will try to hit the little green spot before the yellow to help my pitchers confidence along, and I have also tried to come out blazing. I have gone middle of the road where yellow meets red and everything I do seems to be ineffective.

Late on in the game the pitcher seems to be more accurate and I can control the game better. Even when I bring in relievers they control the game pretty good. It is only in the first couple innings that it happens and I don't know what I can do to get out of that rut.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!
The cpu is pretty streaky and like real life they really want the lead. Lol if the cpu strings together a couple of hits look out. You need to throw balls out of the strike zone. I used to have a tendency to always want to throw strikes. There is nothing wrong with a 3-2 count or even walking certain people in certain situations. You see that in real life all the time. I've had it where I give up a couple hits then gave up 3-4-5 hits in a row all on the first pitch even on good pitches. Don't be afraid to visit the mound. But the biggest thing I've done to turn it around is mixing up pitches and not going for that first pitch strike. Lots of times the cpu is so jacked up in their streakiness that they chase the pitch.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

I dont have official stats or anything but im pretty sure a starting pitcher gives up the most runs at the beginning of the game, the first inning or two i assume. Because they havent gotten into a rhythm yet, i am probably way off lol.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
I dont have official stats or anything but im pretty sure a starting pitcher gives up the most runs at the beginning of the game, the first inning or two i assume. Because they havent gotten into a rhythm yet, i am probably way off lol.

No I don't think you are off lol. I think there are a lot of games where starting Pitchers will give up like 2 runs in the first or second inning and then only give up say 1 in like the next 4 innings. Ok so I just found this. You can see ERA is higher in the first then goes down in the second inning. Kind of interesting thing to look at even though it is a few years old still kind of gives you an idea about this.

http://bigbadbaseball.blogspot.com/2...by-inning.html

Last edited by Smallville102001; 04-21-2015 at 01:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »