Home

Camera (hitting) - custom thread

This is a discussion on Camera (hitting) - custom thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Camera (hitting) - custom thread

I have a quick question fellas, would it be considered "cheating" if I were to use the E. Catcher Zoom camera when facing a friend in person. I ask this because him and I have been going at it and he says it's not fair to him because I'm able to lay off pitches more. While I do agree with him on that, I also told him it's not as easy as he thinks it is to hit with this camera angle. We both play on legend difficulty too and hitting with zone as well. I just need someone else's opinion on this. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #10
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Narrowed down my hitting cam to these 2.

Hitting 1:
Spoiler

Hitting 2:
Spoiler

Pitching:
Spoiler
Regarding camera #3, how did you get it that way? Where did you start?
Old 04-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY177
I have a quick question fellas, would it be considered "cheating" if I were to use the E. Catcher Zoom camera when facing a friend in person. I ask this because him and I have been going at it and he says it's not fair to him because I'm able to lay off pitches more. While I do agree with him on that, I also told him it's not as easy as he thinks it is to hit with this camera angle. We both play on legend difficulty too and hitting with zone as well. I just need someone else's opinion on this. Thanks!
no. if you have the ball marker set to OFF or FADE, then everything should be fair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 11:23 AM   #12
Just started!

Thanks cts50, I thought so too. I also forgot to mention that as well. He uses fade and I take mine off completely. But apparently to him it's not fair. I'm still going to use the camera against him lol.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY177
Thanks cts50, I thought so too. I also forgot to mention that as well. He uses fade and I take mine off completely. But apparently to him it's not fair. I'm still going to use the camera against him lol.
Fade seems kinda pointless for multiplayer to be honest.

If you immediately go in the direction you want to throw, then your opponent can see it.

If you just move it around in circles until it fades, then you might as well just use OFF.

Seems like it is mainly for people who like to see the ball vs CPU, but want the screen to be as "clean" as possible.

I would tell him to use the marker as OFF. Again, your hitting view is fine.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Please bear with me
Need help with this dilemma. i have playing a few pals in a MLBtournament person to person for several years however I believe one of them is going to use an unfair advantage which he never did before. While I'm using the default camera when hitting , he wants to use a catcher zoom( 3 I believe). As many know and others pointed out, using the camera that only shows the strike zone(zoom cameras)helps the user way much better to judge pitches. meaning laying-off bad pitches will be simpler. My problem with this is that while he sees the ball better, I won't and others wont.

For the years the tournament took place, we all used one of the regular cameras not the zoom ones, so we could fairly see who's better. Do you guys believe I'm correct that he will have an advantage (the person to person tournament) using that zoom camera while I and others don't?
Old 04-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #15
Just started!

Well it all depends. Is he allowing you to use that same camera or prohibiting you from using it? If he's allowing you to use it I see no problem with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywonka247
Please bear with me
Need help with this dilemma. i have playing a few pals in a MLBtournament person to person for several years however I believe one of them is going to use an unfair advantage which he never did before. While I'm using the default camera when hitting , he wants to use a catcher zoom( 3 I believe). As many know and others pointed out, using the camera that only shows the strike zone(zoom cameras)helps the user way much better to judge pitches. meaning laying-off bad pitches will be simpler. My problem with this is that while he sees the ball better, I won't and others wont.

For the years the tournament took place, we all used one of the regular cameras not the zoom ones, so we could fairly see who's better. Do you guys believe I'm correct that he will have an advantage (the person to person tournament) using that zoom camera while I and others don't?
Why don't you all use your own cameras? Problem solved. my point is that, to each there on...I can't hit from a lot of the cameras some others might find very good, and vice versa. Wouldn't it be simpler to have every one chose their own camera rather than forcing someone to use a camera they aren't comfortable with?? I'm just saying...

Last edited by tha_show256; 04-08-2015 at 01:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »