Home

Dynamic Difficulty

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Difficulty

If you turn the dynamic difficulty all the way up the game will adjust quickly. I love this feature, one of my favorite things scea has ever done and I wish it was in all my sports games.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
If you turn the dynamic difficulty all the way up the game will adjust quickly. I love this feature, one of my favorite things scea has ever done and I wish it was in all my sports games.

Yeah I plan on turning mine all the way up during spring training and lock it once the regular season starts. I like the idea of putting the training into spring training. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3po
One worry i have about this feature, which might not be a big deal at all is, what if I'm a really good team, like the nationals for example, just striking out guys, crushing the ball and all that. The difficulty goes up, and then I play the worst team in the league, are they going to play me like all stars?

Where as if i set it to All-Star or whatever, every team would kinda play the same, instead of bad teams getting "boosts" because I've been playing well lately. I hope this makes sense haha
Brian SCEA said last year, if I recall correctly, that the difference between the best team and worst team should probably only impact DD by about a half a difficulty level.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #12
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Dynamic difficulty has shown me how much I truly suck at this game lol. I've been using it in both my SP and my SS RttS's and I have yet to see the word "Veteran" anywhere!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #13
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub

Yeah it is a great thing. Something else I think would make it even better is if you could set it at a difficulty and then let it adjust from there so it wouldn't take has long to get to where you want to be. Example instead of having to start at rookie you could start at veteran , all star ect.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 AM   #14
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Yeah it is a great thing. Something else I think would make it even better is if you could set it at a difficulty and then let it adjust from there so it wouldn't take has long to get to where you want to be. Example instead of having to start at rookie you could start at veteran , all star ect.
That would be nice but with the new slider it's not taking me long to get it close to where it should be. Only my 3rd day with the game and my pitching is only one difficulty lower than it was on 14. Hitting a different story but that's because I'm having to re-learn how to hit without the old pure analog.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #15
Rookie

i've used DD since its inception and i've never looked back. someone mentioned how their 14 rtts dd carried over. this is true. in face, i wish i'd known this, because i spent the entire first day trying to build up my DD from rookie to hall of fame+ (since DD only applies to hitting when playing as a position player) which is usually where i find my sweet spot and rock back and forth between hall of fame and + because it will show u where ur at, at the beginning of each half inning. when i finally got to veteran + i decided i'd start there, because it was taking a while to build up to that level. then i transferred my rtts file save from 14 and it said "hall of fame+ progress ---" lol... i could have started straight away with it setting my DD for ALL of mlb 15 the show if i had known this! oh well. it's still great, and i've never once thought about how it affects me when going from a bad team to facing a great team in the very next game. baseball is a game of streaks, and DD helps to also portray this reality within the game. i love it. and i agree with an erlier poster. all sports games should have it. i've never touched sliders in mlb the show, and ever since DD there has never been a good reason to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 24

How can I check what difficulty level I'm on with DD? Is it listed anywhere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »