Home

CPU controlling my transactions after spring training

This is a discussion on CPU controlling my transactions after spring training within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #9
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: CPU controlling my transactions after spring training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephiskapheles
I could swear in last year's game there was a message at the end of spring training that prompted you to fix the rosters. Just like an "invalid lineup" message or when a player is injured, you can manually or auto fix it.

You could then manually get down to 25 man or choose "auto".

Also, and this is the only other thing I can't figure out, how do you get live rosters? When I first installed and booted the game up, it prompted me to download the live rosters. I didn't save them. Now the "save live roster" under file management won't give me the updated rosters. Neither will "use live roster" when starting a franchise. I'm not getting the prompt to download them when I start the disc now.
In every prior version that I can remember at the end of ST when you advance to the regular season it would prompt you to correct your roster down to 25. You would then have the option to select Auto or Manual.

Are you saying there's no prompt this year and when you advance to the regular season the game just does it's own thing?
Old 04-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
In every prior version that I can remember at the end of ST when you advance to the regular season it would prompt you to correct your roster down to 25. You would then have the option to select Auto or Manual.

Are you saying there's no prompt this year and when you advance to the regular season the game just does it's own thing?
Yes, exactly. Once ST is over you're never prompted to get down to a 25 man roster. You just advance to RS and its done by the CPU.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yes, exactly. Once ST is over you're never prompted to get down to a 25 man roster. You just advance to RS and its done by the CPU.
You weren't prompted to get down to a 25 man roster in MLB 14 either....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #12
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I don't even think you can advance to the regular season until you confirm that you want to advance to the regular season by hitting X.
That should be a pretty good indicator it's time to get your **** straight for the regular season.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't even think you can advance to the regular season until you confirm that you want to advance to the regular season by hitting X.
That should be a pretty good indicator it's time to get your **** straight for the regular season.

M.K.
Knight165
Agreed. Don't click on "Advance to Regular Season" until your roster is set.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #14
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I'm controlling one team for franchise. When I set my rosters, lineups and rotations then simulate the preseason, there's no option to send up/down to get down to a 25 man roster. The CPU does it for me automatically. In addition, it resets my lineups and rotations.

Is there something I am missing or do I just have to do it all again once the season starts?
This is something I do every year before I'm about to start my franchise I go into roster control then I make sure every mlb roster just have 25 man once u do that when you sim spring training the cpu doesn't do anything to the rosters

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »