Home

Clayton Kershaw really?

This is a discussion on Clayton Kershaw really? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #17
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clayton Kershaw really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I know that's always the excuse, but I think the game should have programming in it to recognize franchise players in their prime and protect them. Players have potential ratings, I think each team should possibly have a couple franchise tagged players. I'm not saying they should never be traded, but definitely a lot less often and mostly only during a contract year.
I agree with you 100% except for the auburn thing lol! Roll Tide and Go Braves Go bro! I'm also from bama as well so great mind do think alike on some things lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
So I'm playing RTTS in my second yr as a 3B on the dodgers having an MVP caliber season the team is leading the NL west 56-34 following a 101 win season up with another great year. Then it happened all of a sudden right at allstar break the team decides to trade Clayton Kershaw (99 ovr) (6-7) for Johnny Cueto (92 ovr) (8-6), Todd Frazier (83 ovr), and a RP I forget whom... My question is why? The ovr's make sense but why? Kershaw is the franchise and true his numbers are bad this year, but he's coming off a season where he won over 20 games... Another weird thing is he made the allstar game with a 6-7 record lol! I guess the point of this is to get some of you guys stories about some crazy trades in your RTTS. Also I would like to know if this is a logic error or good management in the front office in you guys opinions. It was kinda shocking to me so I had to share!
Quote:
OK I can understand that, but Frazier plays 3rd and so do I my character is a 99 ovr and we also have A-rod, so I dont get what our need could've been. I just dont think we had a big enough need with the team the way it was. Kershaw is the best pitcher in the game as well. I'm so confused lol!
How are you a 99 overall in your second year?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #19
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Normally I would agree with you, but to add insult to injury the Dodgers just traded away Johnny Cueto the one piece that made me ok with the deal for Mike Leake (81 ovr). Now thats just ridiculous! Hows does that help our team get closer lol? This needs to be addressed A.S.A.P.

Edit: BTW Cueto was with the team a whopping total of 10 gms... Wow just wow!
It's actually quite common for teams to make trades for multiple players, then only to trade one of the pieces immediately afterwards. In all sports, not just baseball, so to quote
Quote:
... good management in the front office...
One needn't look much further than a Dodger example of Mike Piazza to Florida for an example. The one thing I would prefer the Show to add is a very minimal 30 team control in RTTS to veto any trades one doesn't agree with. In that sense, I can 100% agree with you on it being ridiculous and needs addressing.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #20
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
He probably bought stubs
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #21
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
Sad to say but I bought a ton of training points because I train a lot and I wanted to be good right away with my limited amount of time lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
They should do as NBA2k has done in their franchise where the user can approve/deny CPU trades, but make it across all modes.
I don't think it's going to happen, I asked Ramone if it could possibly be a feature and he told that's what 30 team control is for.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I don't think it's going to happen, I asked Ramone if it could possibly be a feature and he told that's what 30 team control is for.
I think Ramone and the guys have done a great job with this game year in and year out...but it would not make sense for them to ignore the possibility of adding a feature like that. Game makers should all learn from each other, both in what works and what does not work. 2K started making franchise stuff more customisable which is great for gamers, hopefully they expand on that and take it into MyPlayer also...there is no reason The Show, Madden, FIFA and others can't follow suit.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Clayton Kershaw really?

same thing happen to me. second year as Dodgers 3b and they traded Kershaw for trout and our pitching staff is very thin luckily I was able to back out a few times n avoided the trade but it's really annoying

just make sure you turn off auto save that way if a trade happens u can always back out and hopefully avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DTX3; 04-03-2015 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »