Home

Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

This is a discussion on Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should we be able to still have BROADCAST availanle to us in online franchise?
I love all the "little things" in MLB THE SHOW and want to have broadcast on. 85 57.43%
I enjoy FAST PLAY and dont care about presentation. 27 18.24%
We should have all the options in online franchise that we have for the offline franchise. 36 24.32%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #25
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

View First Unread
04-03-2015, 06:53 AM #1
datni99achris
Rookie

OVR: 3

The Online Walk-Off HR!

I swear there is no better feeling when playing this game online than a Walk-Off HR.....Had my first one of this years game yesterday in Diamond Dynasty...Bottom of the 10th (Extra inning games are so stressful), no one on, 2 outs....And Carlos Ruiz sent one to the moon! I literally jumped off my couch! This is one of the times I wish fast play wasn't on so I could see him round the bases and get mobbed at the plate!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 04:02 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

No sale to me this year. I don't play offline so I'm not buying a gimped online mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #27
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Being forced to use Fast Play in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise is the single biggest disappointment for me in this year's game.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #28
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Maybe the reason for the reduced options was to combat latency and cut down on the packets of info flying back and forth. If I had to choose I would much rather have a much smoother online experience with less fluff than a presentation that was to the max and could only stutter along at best. I think it is pick your poison. I am just happy that online is very playable this year.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Maybe the reason for the reduced options was to combat latency and cut down on the packets of info flying back and forth. If I had to choose I would much rather have a much smoother online experience with less fluff than a presentation that was to the max and could only stutter along at best. I think it is pick your poison. I am just happy that online is very playable this year.
I would absolutely agree with this and have no problem saying so if the same stuff wasn't happening from MLB 14. If actually fast play made online play as smooth as it should. If the fix was to turn fast play off to make online more playable then why are the same things happening? In my opinion yes online is better this year but the same stuff is still happening from last year so did this really fix anything?

* There is still blue error screens
* There are still freeze ups
* There is still warping going on
Old 04-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
PS: off topic a bit but I have been going to major league games since 1960 and I have never seen a pickoff throw wind up in the stands. I am sure it has happened, but in the Show it is a semi-regular occurrence.
I turned infielder throwing error down to 2. Outfield at 1. And turned up infield fielding errors to 6, and may need need to go up to 7. But with those I see realistic amount of errors and more realistic errors period. Throwing errors are ultra rare, especially the type we see in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Being forced to use Fast Play in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise is the single biggest disappointment for me in this year's game.
Same here. I bought a PS4 and The Show as well as two of my friends just to play online franchise like we have in the past with NCAA Football and NBA 2K. Why can't we play broadcast vs. the computer in online franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 07:13 AM   #32
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Same here. I bought a PS4 and The Show as well as two of my friends just to play online franchise like we have in the past with NCAA Football and NBA 2K. Why can't we play broadcast vs. the computer in online franchise?
Maybe for you. But can you imagine the other person (who is random) having to sit through all of that during a Diamond Dynasty game? Online Franchise I MAYBE understand as you can play against friends. But I don't want to sit through all of the presentation in an online mode.

Online play is supposed to be about shortening the length of the game, not presentation. Offline is where presentation should (and does) shine.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »