Home

Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

This is a discussion on Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should we be able to still have BROADCAST availanle to us in online franchise?
I love all the "little things" in MLB THE SHOW and want to have broadcast on. 85 57.43%
I enjoy FAST PLAY and dont care about presentation. 27 18.24%
We should have all the options in online franchise that we have for the offline franchise. 36 24.32%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #49
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

Curious to see if this will at least be an option in MLB 16 for us core gamers who mostly play online and want to enjoy all the presentation the game has to offer. I enjoy running a very realistic online league every year and on MLB 15 it just didn't feel like baseball with so much cut out online.

In all the live streams last year and yes I watched every single one, they never said not once that only FAST PLAY would be available online in 2015. If I had maybe known that before I purchased the game from the PS Store I might have passed on MLB 15 all together but seeing its the only baseball game out and I bought my PS4 only to play MLB THE SHOW because I am a die hard baseball fan I guess u could say I was a little disappointed. Here is to hoping there are no more surprises to online this year.

All I'm asking is to bring back the option to have BROADCAST/FAST PLAY as options for at least the online leagues. For individuals who don't have time for the presentation or just are button smashers can just skip thru it or have on there own online settings set to FAST PLAY. It was just so stripped down in MLB 15 I and many others I spoke with who were league members felt like we were only getting half of a game.

Last edited by Houston; 10-14-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #50
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Haven't logged in a year, nice to see the same issue being discussed.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 AM   #51
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Honestly I understand SCEA's stance here. Online was so much better last year it's kind of a double edged sword I'd imagine. Personally, I love the broadcast element in my online franchise experience..but I'm sure the casual diamond dynasty guys do not care about it. I'm not sure if there's a middle ground they can reach, but it would be nice. Either way I enjoyed online play last year, though I have played it more than most in the past regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #52
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Honestly I understand SCEA's stance here. Online was so much better last year it's kind of a double edged sword I'd imagine. Personally, I love the broadcast element in my online franchise experience..but I'm sure the casual diamond dynasty guys do not care about it. I'm not sure if there's a middle ground they can reach, but it would be nice. Either way I enjoyed online play last year, though I have played it more than most in the past regardless.
Online is a debatable topic, the real question and problem to me is why must they carry this idealogy over to single player modes as they have done. Even what they consider broadcast mode now, is nothing but a slap to the face of a proper pace of play, especially from a game this far in development and with the current ability of the PS4 consoles.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:43 PM   #53
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Any chance we will get to choose Broadcast or Hybrid online in MLB 17?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »