Home

No more Highlight Reel??

This is a discussion on No more Highlight Reel?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: No more Highlight Reel??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The highlight reel being missing is nothing but a oversight from the end game menu change during development. We'll try to get it back in there in patch#2.

I also don't know who started this rumor that it was removed based on telemetry data that's completely false.
This news just made my day. Thanks Ramone- hope you guys can get it patched back in!

I have a feeling the rumor may have started from this post:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6&postcount=20

But all of that was merely speculation and relating it to my own personal experience. I didn't try to pass any of that off as fact, so I guess somebody must have taken that and ran with it as though it were. This is why I don't do long speculation posts too often - they're too believable.

I mentioned in a later post on that thread that the game was still tracking the plays it was supposed to be saving for the highlight reel, so that did give me hope that this was actually an oversight.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
The highlight reel being missing is nothing but a oversight from the end game menu change during development. We'll try to get it back in there in patch#2.

I also don't know who started this rumor that it was removed based on telemetry data that's completely false.
Thank you. I love using it.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #35
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
We asked about this at CD, we were told it was a design decision.
Thanks Nem , even though that's not what I wanted to hear

What does "design decision" mean in developer talk? Is it a space limitation? A time issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #36
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Thanks Nem , even though that's not what I wanted to hear

What does "design decision" mean in developer talk? Is it a space limitation? A time issue?
Basically it was done to reduce downtime in the game and keep things moving along by getting back to the field of play, next pitch etc.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #37
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Basically it was done to reduce downtime in the game and keep things moving along by getting back to the field of play, next pitch etc.
It does help speed things along. I usually mess with the cpu foul slider in hopes that I don't have to deal with so many fouls, but this year it isn't an issue. I think I like it better this year's way.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
I never said that I started that analog was only used by 2% of the base. We don't even track end of game highlight reel usage so I don't know how he got confused.

Yeah I have no clue how any one got that 2% thing either this is the first time I have heard any body say that lol.

Quote:

Nice to hear hope you can get it back in. What about not seeing foul balls? last year the camera didn't show a lot of foul balls and this year it is even worse. There are 2 big problems with that. 1. You don't get to see on hard long hit balls just how close the ball is to being a HR or not and 2. You don't really get to see the ball boys and fans catch foul balls as the camera cuts away way to soon way to often. Oh also am I missing something or is there now way to know how fast a pitch is when it is fouled? I only see MPH on pitches that are not contacted.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 04-05-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #39
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Well thats great news as I would think most would watch it as its only a minute or so after a long game
Old 04-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #40
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

This news made my day! Thanks for stopping by and giving us this info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »