Home

MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing

This is a discussion on MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing

Uniquely, MLB: The Show '15 seems to grow on you as you play it. The benefit of having such a strong, consistent core is that players are less likely to find bugs that may not seem like a huge deal at first, but begin to grate on you after the ninth or tenth game.

Fortunately, The Show doesn't have this problem. Little details that occasionally pop up keep things feeling like every game is its own entity. For instance, I won a late game challenge against the CPU that secured the winning run. Where else can you experience that kind of weird variable in a game? I was elated and couldn't wait for my next rare experience. The series is famous for "the little things" for a reason: they change the experience in a much bigger way.

After spending time with various game modes in MLB: The Show '15, here are some brief impressions on both Franchise and Road to the Show...

Read More - MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm missing the automatic highlight videos (replay package with different camera angles) after the game.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Love the game from top to bottom far better than last years- the only 3 downfalls are

The one second or so delay after making contact on medium view fielding! not as smooth and im not interested in seeing a zoom in shot of a pee rocket up the middle. Rather see the whole field like when im playing D.

CPU subbing is bad again (playing Padres and Venable hit for pitcher than the put him in on D at 2B)

last seems like there is more generic pictures for players-example- (Norris and Pompey both played over a month for Jays and no picture.)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Love the game from top to bottom far better than last years- the only 3 downfalls are

The one second or so delay after making contact on medium view fielding! not as smooth and im not interested in seeing a zoom in shot of a pee rocket up the middle. Rather see the whole field like when im playing D.

CPU subbing is bad again (playing Padres and Venable hit for pitcher than the put him in on D at 2B)

last seems like there is more generic pictures for players-example- (Norris and Pompey both played over a month for Jays and no picture.)
only issue ive seen so far is certain batted balls to the shortstop are fielded cleanly, and you press the throw button, and there's a mysterious 1 or 1.5 second delay between pressing the button and the throw actually firing to first which allows the runner to easily reach first base.

i have also been able to throw 2 batters out at 1st from RF - both were catchers - with Carlos Beltran, which while pretty sweet, not sure if real-world Beltran could throw anyone out at 1B on a clean single to right.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15: The Show: Impressions After Four Days of Playing

Just noticed the dust in the infield come up when it's wet. Just enough water to keep the dust down until the players run on it. Also love the sporadic crowds in exhibition games. Who cares to watch those! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #6
Rookie

The only things I've noticed that get on my nerves a little bit is presentation, hitting timing, delayed throws and baserunning....

When it comes to hitting I feel like its off a little bit...it makes me hit foul balls or miss completely when I swing early on a high inside 94+ mph fastball or in the opposite situation swinging late at an outside offspeed pitch ...in baseball that's what you're supposed to do...and no I'm not talking about too early or too late swings

Throwing-- I push the button before my fielder gets the ball and sometimes they either do too many motions or there is a delay that causes it to not look smooth..still gets runners out, just don't like seeing it lol

Baserunning-- maybe someone can help me ...it seems like there's too much assist in baserunning.....ill push L1 one hundred times and it still seems like my runners wont advance when I want them too..I feel like as soon as the ball is hit I should only have to press L1 once and hell go straight to 2nd

Presentation-- its great for the 1st three games but then its just repetitive ..I'm still trying to figure out how none of these "Next gen" games beat out the presentation of OG Xbox 2k games...it really rattles my nerves lol

Last edited by twogotwingz3; 04-03-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add one more thing
Old 04-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #7
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Eric karros go away, stick to two guys in booth. Crowd noise should go back to the way it was in I think it was mlb 11 or 12 where the crowd went bananas during playoffs and last batters of every game. Other than that this is pretty awesome
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
Banned

I have to say the lighting and shadows are amazing and beautiful! I like how gradual the Shadows are during day games,night games really look good and the colors pop! I'm a little disappointed that going to completely dark in night games is still fast and not very gradual still. I don't know if anybody else has noticed and this makes sense,but in the past it seemed liked during day games the Shadows would creep in during the game and get to one point during the game and just stay in one place and how they would stay until the end of the game they wouldn't move anymore basically. I've noticed during day games this year the Shadows are very gradual and the Shadows are constantly changing throughout the whole game,basically they never stop moving . I hope that makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »