Home

Does Anyone Want My SkinIt Code?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Want My SkinIt Code? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does Anyone Want My SkinIt Code?

If anyone still wants a skinit code, I'll pm mine to the first person who can tell me what Babe Ruth, Josh Gibson, and Bo Jackson all had in common according to Buck O'Neil...
Old 04-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #18
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

[quote=rjackson;2047192175]If anyone still wants a skinit code, I'll pm mine to the first person who can tell me what Babe Ruth, Josh Gibson, and Bo Jackson all had in common according to Buck O'Neil...[/]

They all had the same sound off the bat when they hit?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #19
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep, that's it. Code is in your PM's.

"The first time I saw Ruth, up in St. Petersburg, it wasn't so much the sight of him that got to me as the sound. When Ruth was hitting the ball, it was a distinct sound, like a small stick of dynamite going off. You could tell it was Ruth and not Gehrig and not Lazzeri. The next time I heard that sound was in 1938, my first year with the Monarchs. We were in Griffith Stadium in Washington to play the Homestead Grays, and I heard that sound all the way up in the clubhouse, so I ran down to the dugout in just my pants and my sweatshirt to see who was hitting the ball. And it was Josh Gibson. I thought, my land, that's a powerful man.
I didn't hear it again for almost fifty years. I thought I'd never hear ir again. But I was at Royals Stadium, scouting the American League for the Cubs, and I came out of the press room and was going down to field level when I heard that ball sound as if the Babe or Josh were still down there. Pow! Pow! Pow! It was Boe Jackson- the Royals had just called him up. And I'll tell you this: I'm going to keep going to the ballpark until I hear that sound again" --Buck O'Neil
Old 04-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #20
Rookie

chisox100's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone Giving away a Skinit? If so please pm me. It's for my kid, He's a big redsoxs fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »