Home

What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

This is a discussion on What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #17
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
SO I Just this game and one of the first few things I notice (Mets vs Cardinals) is that the uniforms werent picking up dirt and getting dirty when they slide and dive around the infield....I remember in 14 that the uniforms would get nice and dirty throughout the game and accumulate dirt.

Am I missing something here?
Don't worry, uniforms still get dirty.

There's an extensive 8-page thread about the subject here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-uniforms.html

Last edited by RGmoney; 04-04-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?
Many reasons, each had equal weight.
  • It's baseball.
    I had $65 to burn
    How else am I going to make use of carry over saves?
    One word: Editablecontracts
    10 year Anniversary Edition, best cover ever.
    Did I mention it's baseball?
#44Syracuse
Old 04-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 2

The new lighting graphics was a major selling point for me and they have not disappointed. IMHO the new lightning graphics, the new player animations, the new AI player and ball physics are outstanding additions to an already great game. But all is not well in Mudville as a number of features that worked perfectly well in previous iterations are either broken or have been completely removed from the game. It can be argued that these are minor features. None of them are show stoppers. The game is still fun to play and we can only cross our fingers that these features are restored to how they used to work in a bug fix patch. But as good as MLB 15 is (it is a great game), this is the buggiest release I have ever seen them drop. It's as if they did not regression test the game and if they did regression test it, they clearly ignored the results of the tests.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
But as good as MLB 15 is (it is a great game), this is the buggiest release I have ever seen them drop. It's as if they did not regression test the game and if they did regression test it, they clearly ignored the results of the tests.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #21
S2S
Rookie

S2S's Arena

OVR: 6

My motivator was buying a ps4 in October & wanting to see the graphic upgrades. I was playing RTTS earlier and during batting practice the clouds slowly moved in the sky. It's the little things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #22
Rookie

I dunno...Ive played 2 games now since I upgraded from 14, and I can really honestly say, I almost think I am angry at myself for falling for all the hype another year again....Since I left MLB 13, 14, and now 15 seem all too similar as if the yearly upgrades are becoming ever so hard to distinquish.

I can boot up my PS3 and pop in MLB 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 and see the gradual decline in major improvements over these years for each successive version.

Thats not to say if I reviewed MLB 15 soley by itself, it would score very high but it almost seems like there needs to be some sort of Upgrade Scoring system added as well on all reviews that breaks down the game based on differentiation from the previous version.

I just feel like there is still too much that was just exactly rehashed from last years game right down to the exact same animations, cut scenes and Franchise features....There should be more new stuff in my opinion to justify a $65 purchase. Im sorry I feel this way, because its still an excellent game
Old 04-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #23
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
I dunno...Ive played 2 games now since I upgraded from 14, and I can really honestly say, I almost think I am angry at myself for falling for all the hype another year again....Since I left MLB 13, 14, and now 15 seem all too similar as if the yearly upgrades are becoming ever so hard to distinquish.

I can boot up my PS3 and pop in MLB 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 and see the gradual decline in major improvements over these years for each successive version.

Thats not to say if I reviewed MLB 15 soley by itself, it would score very high but it almost seems like there needs to be some sort of Upgrade Scoring system added as well on all reviews that breaks down the game based on differentiation from the previous version.

I just feel like there is still too much that was just exactly rehashed from last years game right down to the exact same animations, cut scenes and Franchise features....There should be more new stuff in my opinion to justify a $65 purchase. Im sorry I feel this way, because its still an excellent game
still feel that way?
Old 04-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #24
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Licensed gear was the main reason for me. The game pretty much feels the same as the past few iterations. On top of the fact that some of the implementation of licensed gear was done poorly I am overall disappointed in this years game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »