Home

What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

This is a discussion on What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

I'm a sucker when it comes to seeing the improvements from year to year. With that said, I do like the lighting this year and the addition of brand name gear. As a MOM player, I am disappointed that there are some visual cues missing that were present in '14 (showing of pitch speed, location of pitch in comparison to strike zone, baserunning windows)... Also, I wasn't able to edit players' appearance after uploading my '14 franchise to '15 and seeing generic faces that looked similar for several of my team players). I have a great set of sliders for '14 so I'm loving the results I see. I'm actually thinking about doing a separate franchise on 14 and 15 since there are things I like with both games. There are some nice new animations in 15 but its not earth shattering. 14 still holds its own. Honestly, we now pay more for improvements that are not as noticeable and revolutionary. Its like an Apple phone. Even if I have a 6, the 5S is still good phone and holds its own. Once a company has made a substantively good product, the improvements are not as major. With that said, I'm glad I got 15. It does need a bug patch though...

Last edited by kingdevin; 04-13-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
still feel that way?
sadly yes.....as I said earlier, the game is very good but just not enough of a jump if you own 14 on the PS4 in my eyes to make it worth a $64 investment. Either these companies should employ upgrade discounts for previous version owners (like the old Microsoft Office upgrade discounts did) or they should start adding really worthwhile improvements from year to year to make players feel like they got something new and improved for their full purchase....

some easy examples right off the top of my head could be:

A virtual Stadium Tour for every ball park in the Major leagues. This would be a great nostalgic feature that includes facts, footage, history, and a real virtual camera tour

A stadium Editor. This would be so cool to provide basic building blocks to allow a user to change fence heights, dimensions, distances, layout, aesthetics and designs that really impact the gameplay

A History section or an Almanac that lets you see all the previous seasons stats, boxscores, standings, data ect

Real player physics that result in infinite fielding results that also more realistically tie into their defensive feilding ratings such as range, fielding pct, arm, reaction, etc. This would better differentiate defensive player abilities so all players dont act the same in the field

these are just a few folks!!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #27
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

I always regret buying when I have the previous year's version, but this year I did not.

Short and sweet.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
sadly yes.....as I said earlier, the game is very good but just not enough of a jump if you own 14 on the PS4 in my eyes to make it worth a $64 investment. Either these companies should employ upgrade discounts for previous version owners (like the old Microsoft Office upgrade discounts did) or they should start adding really worthwhile improvements from year to year to make players feel like they got something new and improved for their full purchase....

some easy examples right off the top of my head could be:

A virtual Stadium Tour for every ball park in the Major leagues. This would be a great nostalgic feature that includes facts, footage, history, and a real virtual camera tour

A stadium Editor. This would be so cool to provide basic building blocks to allow a user to change fence heights, dimensions, distances, layout, aesthetics and designs that really impact the gameplay

A History section or an Almanac that lets you see all the previous seasons stats, boxscores, standings, data ect

Real player physics that result in infinite fielding results that also more realistically tie into their defensive feilding ratings such as range, fielding pct, arm, reaction, etc. This would better differentiate defensive player abilities so all players dont act the same in the field

these are just a few folks!!
All of those things were known not to be in the game before it was released. So why would you purchase the game and then be disappointed that these features aren't in the game?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Country, I think your missing my point......

I wasnt expecting them to be in this years game and that is not why I am dissapointed....Im simply dissappointed because there wasnt enough added to the game, in my opinion, that warranted the full price tag of another year's purchase when 14 is so close in look, feel and overall experience to 15

my suggestions were just some ideas off the top of my head that I think would make the game worth a full purchase of the game again this year.

When people are simply bragging about how the lighting in the game is the number one improvement, that's gotta tell you some things are a little thin on the improvements list....thats all Im saying

its an excellent game, but if you own 14, I have to provide my honest feedback to all those out there that would love to know if its worth the full purchase to goto 15...In my opinion, I would recommend sticking to 14 and waiting to see what is in store for 16. Thats just me...maybe I am in the minority, but I just feel that if Madden pulled this, we'd hear alot more grumbling....The Mlb Show team seems to get these free passes a little to easily

But on the positive side, I think MLB The Show is one of the most polished sports games on the market right behind NBA 2K15...and only because I think 2K does a much better job in creating player distinction by offering so many more player attributes and style categories that can be tailored to create more accurate player likenesses

MLB The Show still doesnt offer enough visual and performance defensive distinctions between players on the field.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Country, I think your missing my point......

No, I'm pretty sure I understand the point.

Take care,

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-14-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #31
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

For me it was just that I got a PS4 this year so I wanted to have it. But, if I didn't go to the PS4 I would not have bought it. I usually only buy it every other year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #32
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Man the fielding upgrades this year are so noticeable. Game is sooo fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »