Home

What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

This is a discussion on What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What was the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR to make u go from 14 to 15 this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Man the fielding upgrades this year are so noticeable. Game is sooo fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's night and day. This game blows away 14 on the field big time. And off the field too. Not much being made about the enhanced franchise hub/radio show, better AI, better trading features...I could go on and on.

MLB 15 The Show is the GOAT.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Man the fielding upgrades this year are so noticeable. Game is sooo fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This makes the game experience so much more immersive for me. I would never field before; now, I can't imagine not fielding.

The only thing I'd like is a better way to read off the bat whether you'll need to jump/dive or not. It's hard for me to tell I need to before it's too late with the current setup, but still, fielding is so much improved that it's hard to overstate.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #35
Rookie

While I will agree with those of you that stated the overall fielding experience has improved over last year from a player input/control perspective, I will politely disagree, and restate my opinion that The Show 15 still hasn't made improvements in creating defensive fielding distinctions between different skill levels of the players.

What do I mean by this?......Quite simply, I dont see or feel differences in players of different skill levels out in the field, other than the obvious speed differences. For example, a game like Earl Weaver Baseball made way back in 1985, did an excellent job of creating obvious defensive skill separations between different players so when a SS like Ozzie Smith was on the field, you can definitely see the range, and skill level separation as opposed to someone like Rafael Santana or Shawn Dunston. Each player demonstrated their unique defensive strengths and weaknesses.

I just dont think The Show does this as well as they should. When I have my 1B Lucas Duda making web gem rangey diving stabs left and right as easily as perhaps a Mark Texeria, there's a bit of a problem there

Thats my point about the defensive improvements that I think are missing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
While I will agree with those of you that stated the overall fielding experience has improved over last year from a player input/control perspective, I will politely disagree, and restate my opinion that The Show 15 still hasn't made improvements in creating defensive fielding distinctions between different skill levels of the players.

What do I mean by this?......Quite simply, I dont see or feel differences in players of different skill levels out in the field, other than the obvious speed differences. For example, a game like Earl Weaver Baseball made way back in 1985, did an excellent job of creating obvious defensive skill separations between different players so when a SS like Ozzie Smith was on the field, you can definitely see the range, and skill level separation as opposed to someone like Rafael Santana or Shawn Dunston. Each player demonstrated their unique defensive strengths and weaknesses.

I just dont think The Show does this as well as they should. When I have my 1B Lucas Duda making web gem rangey diving stabs left and right as easily as perhaps a Mark Texeria, there's a bit of a problem there

Thats my point about the defensive improvements that I think are missing
Not really sure why I'm going to even bother posing this question as you would think I would know better, what skill level do you have fielding set at?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #37
Rookie

Im not sure I understand the framing of your question....are you talking to me or grandstanding to an audience? Why would different level settings cripple a CPU player's demonstration of skill separation out in the field?

Im not just talking about user controlled fielding....would setting it at Legend or Hall Of Fame levels create the player distinctions in defensive performances that Im not seeing at the All Star level?

I see sub par infielders making diving web gem stabs and deep in the hole back hands and throws off balance on the money a little too often....so do you think increasing the fielding skill level to the highest setting would limit this to only the elite players?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #38
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Im not sure I understand the framing of your question....are you talking to me or grandstanding to an audience? Why would different level settings cripple a CPU player's demonstration of skill separation out in the field?

Im not just talking about user controlled fielding....would setting it at Legend or Hall Of Fame levels create the player distinctions in defensive performances that Im not seeing at the All Star level?

I see sub par infielders making diving web gem stabs and deep in the hole back hands and throws off balance on the money a little too often....so do you think increasing the fielding skill level to the highest setting would limit this to only the elite players?
Ha...someone else is grandstanding in this thread besides yourself?
You got balls....I'll give you that.
You ask guys why they are buying.
Within two games you say you made a mistake...yet again...and fell into the hype...yet again and basically have used this thread to argue against what others have posted in response to the question YOU asked.

Crock.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

The framing of my question is because I believe that this thread was simply created to gather an audience for you to post your "opinions." I believe in all honesty that you weren't seeking opinions of others, just an audience. But I take responsibility for contributing this thread and being an active audience member.

Now in regards to your questions. I see a difference in skill level of defenders for both myself and the cpu. I asked what skill level you set it at due to what you may have been seeing with your own controlled players. I am aware that skill level may not affect cpu controlled fielders.

For my team, the Cardinals, I can watch a guy like Johnny Peralta make diving stops in the hole or up the middle, while Greg Garcia can't. I played the Pirates and watched McCutchen make two outstanding plays against me, one being a jumping catch against the wall and another being a diving catch in the gap. I see other players attempt to do the same and come up short. I can list several other examples, but I don't really think they are necessary because I don't believe they will change anything.

I play on default Hall of Fame across the board (Hitting/Pitching/Fielding) so maybe there is something to that, I have no idea. I, like you, can only report what I see when I play. The difference between the two of us being that I've played nearly 3 months of baseball games thus far, while you've played, at least from reading this thread, significantly less. And that doesn't necessarily mean anything, outside the fact that I've had more opportunities to see differences in skill sets of fielders. The only other difference may be our level of difficulty settings.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-15-2015 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »