Home

Restarting Pitching Rotation

This is a discussion on Restarting Pitching Rotation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Restarting Pitching Rotation

Thanks in advance. I am trying to figure out how to restart my pitching rotation. When there is an off day and the 5th pitcher is up, I want to restart with my ace. Is there a way to restart the pitching order so that when I go into the actual game it will have pre-selected the pitcher I want next? Would be useful for simming as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Restarting Pitching Rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny677
Thanks in advance. I am trying to figure out how to restart my pitching rotation. When there is an off day and the 5th pitcher is up, I want to restart with my ace. Is there a way to restart the pitching order so that when I go into the actual game it will have pre-selected the pitcher I want next? Would be useful for simming as well.
If you are playing in a Season or Franchise mode, just go to the "Team" tab and click on the "Pitching Rotation" panel. From there you can move your pitchers to any starting slot you want them to be in. Just pay attention to their present fatigue levels and know that the game expects you to have at least four pitchers in the rotation. Any less and it will force you to add one the next game you try to play.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny677
Actually, if you know your 5th starter's spot will come up on an off day, simply move him to the bullpen. (You only actually have to have 4 starters in the rotation) The game will skip that spot and go right back to the top of the rotation. Then, when you need the 5th starter again, simply put him back in the rotation.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:36 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Actually, if you know your 5th starter's spot will come up on an off day, simply move him to the bullpen. (You only actually have to have 4 starters in the rotation) The game will skip that spot and go right back to the top of the rotation. Then, when you need the 5th starter again, simply put him back in the rotation.

So you can go with a 4 man pitching man rotation if you wanted to? I thought you had to go with a 5 man rotation. Has any one ever tried a 4 man rotation in the game.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So you can go with a 4 man pitching man rotation if you wanted to? I thought you had to go with a 5 man rotation. Has any one ever tried a 4 man rotation in the game.
You absolutely can go with a 4 man rotation if you want to, though I wouldn't suggest it, because your pitchers won't recover all of their stamina. Only time I have actually went with a 4 man rotation is in the playoffs.

I just tested this, to make sure it works, and it does in fact work. It is best used when an off day falls on the day your 5th starter is scheduled to pitch, that way the other 4 starters will pitch on their normal rest, even though the 5th starter's spot is skipped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
You absolutely can go with a 4 man rotation if you want to, though I wouldn't suggest it, because your pitchers won't recover all of their stamina. Only time I have actually went with a 4 man rotation is in the playoffs.

I just tested this, to make sure it works, and it does in fact work. It is best used when an off day falls on the day your 5th starter is scheduled to pitch, that way the other 4 starters will pitch on their normal rest, even though the 5th starter's spot is skipped.

That is interesting I wonder like how much less stamina pitchers have if you where to do a 4 man rotation instead. Yeah in playoffs no teams do 5 man its all 4 man and once in a while even 3 man in the playoffs.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That is interesting I wonder like how much less stamina pitchers have if you where to do a 4 man rotation instead. Yeah in playoffs no teams do 5 man its all 4 man and once in a while even 3 man in the playoffs.
Im doing one now for my franchise and 90% of the time my guys have all their stamina back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »