Home

More ads in stadiums for MLB 16....

This is a discussion on More ads in stadiums for MLB 16.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
More ads in stadiums for MLB 16....

To me it looks like we took a sizeable leap in the ads in 15. They blend in a lot better. So this is the other thing I am curious about. I feel MLB 15 has taken a huge step with some great companies. The only problem? I still feel ads are lacking in the stadiums and some of them are ridiculously stale at this point. Some stadiums look better than others. Understandable when we are building a new game here.

It's time for a stadium wide revamp now that they have a lot of them up to par in the graphics department. Many stadium ads should stay but I hope some of them are replaced, especially the double-doubles and repeat ads which look pretty bad in certain areas. The Player's Trust ad I have no idea how that thing is still around. Someone just needs to speak up and axe these horrid looking ads at some point.

No doubt we still need textures and buildings improved further in places but.... we also need the ads to start looking a little more professional in certain spots. They did a great job with making their MLB logo look less conpsicuous than in year's past though it still used too much for my taste. Places like Citi look actually really good; many stadiums do despite the Majestic/Topps reprints. Some of them not nearly as nice.

I want to see Nike and Rawlings more than I want to see some of the ads we see in places for years now, even repeated at times. Those Majestic and Topps ads need to be used very minimally when you have Nike and Rawlings and all that jazz. Now I don't know if they can even use those in so many places but they surely should get the rights to do so. So let's see some of the designers start to make things a little more cohesive for 16 all around. Or else we might have a little run-in and we don't want that.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 04-05-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: More ads in stadiums for MLB 16....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
To me it looks like we took a sizeable leap in the ads in 15. They blend in a lot better. So this is the other thing I am curious about. I feel MLB 15 has taken a huge step with some great companies. The only problem? I still feel ads are lacking in the stadiums and some of them are ridiculously stale at this point. Some stadiums look better than others. Understandable when we are building a new game here.

It's time for a stadium wide revamp now that they have a lot of them up to par in the graphics department. Many stadium ads should stay but I hope some of them are replaced, especially the double-doubles and repeat ads which look pretty bad in certain areas. The Player's Trust ad I have no idea how that thing is still around. Someone just needs to speak up and axe these horrid looking ads at some point.

No doubt we still need textures and buildings improved further in places but.... we also need the ads to start looking a little more professional in certain spots. They did a great job with making their MLB logo look a LOT better than years past. Places like Citi look actually really good despite the Majestic reprints. Some of them not nearly as nice.

I want to see Nike and Rawlings more than I want to see some of the ads we see in places for years now, even repeated at times. Those Majestic and Topps ads need to be used very minimally when you have Nike and Rawlings and all that jazz. Now I don't know if they can even use those in so many places but they surely should get the rights to do so. So let's see some of the designers start to make things a little more cohesive for 16 all around. Or else we might have a little run-in and we don't want that.
Im pretty sure they dont have the rights to use the Nike, Rawlings, Mizzuno ads like that.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

I remember a few years ago when the ads would update in the game. They had Subway $5 footlong ads one day and Discovery Channel ads the next. Really added to the realism
Old 04-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Yeah, more stuff like that would really be appreciated, though, I know that is hard to get. And let's see how this year goes. I'm really glad we got equipment in. But it's time these damn corps respect the game here and WANT to be in The Show. It's the only respectable basegame out there for America. Baby steps I know but hey we can start trying to get some movement on this issue. As I said 15 looks a lot better all around.

It's baffling though that we rarely get too many NEW ads. Players trust was bad before and it's equally as bad. Majestic has always been only okay and it's used literally everywhere! I'm just saying the ads really do help the stadiums come to life. Not as much as textures and nicely done 3D elements but close in some ways!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
I remember a few years ago when the ads would update in the game. They had Subway $5 footlong ads one day and Discovery Channel ads the next. Really added to the realism
See this IMO is where they could be making some additional revenue. Just like real life ballparks, they could sell sponsorship spaces on different generic places to replace fake adds. Just a few would add to the realism and they get more money in their pockets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

4N63L's Arena

OVR: 2

Last year I made a fake pic with 14...

Much better At least, they could make fake ads like MLB2K series
Old 04-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #7
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

That is a nice idea. I was hoping hey this is the PREMIER baseball game people should want their damn ads in this game. I certainly hope we get a few more that will at least give their ads for free in the game next year.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #8
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

I know The Show isn't Madden or NBA 2k but you would think they could get a Pepsi or Chevy sponsorship

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »