Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I guess you guys do not know what a MoM game is. MoM stands for "Manage Only Mode". I'm not talking about when you as a human are controlling the base runners where you have purposely decided to take an extra large lead and as a result are getting picked off by the CPU pitcher. No I'm talking about CPU controlled pitchers and CPU controlled base runners here, as in how MoM games and CPU vs CPU games work, where pick offs have been completely removed from the game where they once worked fine in previous years.
You're right; it was a human vs. CPU game. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #74
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
No, you're absolutely right. I've never had an elk steak before, but everyone knows it tastes terrible. And having never lived in a mansion, I can say they are a big waste of space.
Except if he would have played the game....he would have known that uniforms do get dirty and attendance is indeed dynamic and dependent on the very factors he listed as something the game SHOULD do(it does...but of course...if he played....he would know instead of compiling so called negatives that he couldn't verify himself)

I'm not even going to get into the rest of his post.....the MoM part is ridiculous.
But no.....let's continue to post about things we don't really know about first hand. It makes for such compelling reading.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2015, 11:50 PM   #75
Rookie

cubfaninga's Arena

Ok guys, my beef with SCEA is that #1. I am a Cub fan and like to use Travis Wood as a pinch hitter. After i pinch hit for him he has to stay in the game and pitch to at least one batter. That ain't right. I should be able to use him and then put a different pitcher to continue (Oh...and this is an OLD BUG #2 What is so hard about using the regional/local pa announcers & tv broadcasters and commentary? ? ? I guess the hardest part would be getting all 60 or 70 of them together for one weekend in San Diego. As far as the rest everything is great. OH I almost forget the pure analog hitting is gone. I don't even like it anymore. I can't control my players stride? Why did you take it away? I have to admit, I guess they want you to use directional hitting which they hit a home run with...Any thoughts????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #76
All Star

Quote:
I guess you guys do not know what a MoM game is. MoM stands for "Manage Only Mode". I'm not talking about when you as a human are controlling the base runners where you have purposely decided to take an extra large lead and as a result are getting picked off by the CPU pitcher. No I'm talking about CPU controlled pitchers and CPU controlled base runners here, as in how MoM games and CPU vs CPU games work, where pick offs have been completely removed from the game where they once worked fine in previous years.

Do people really watch CPU games? What is the point? I think not many people would do that. I don't have the free time like I used to for video games and I have a lot of another games I still need to play more of or beat to. I just find it kind of pointless to do.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Do people really watch CPU games? What is the point? I think not many people would do that. I don't have the free time like I used to for video games and I have a lot of another games I still need to play more of or beat to. I just find it kind of pointless to do.
You know what I think is pointless, attempting to demean people on the internet for enjoying the game the way they like to enjoy it. Now that's pointless. But hey knock yourself out if it makes you feel better about yourself.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #78
All Star

Quote:
You know what I think is pointless, attempting to demean people on the internet for enjoying the game the way they like to enjoy it. Now that's pointless. But hey knock yourself out if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Not trying to demean people just how I fell and I bet a lot of people don't play that mode so for a lot of people that is not going to be an issue that is all. That is why a lot of people are not talking about it. It was said that only like 5% of people used zone+ hitting last year and that is why they took the stride out. I would bet that the % of people that play MOM is even lower then that.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #79
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Except if he would have played the game....he would have known that uniforms do get dirty and attendance is indeed dynamic and dependent on the very factors he listed as something the game SHOULD do(it does...but of course...if he played....he would know instead of compiling so called negatives that he couldn't verify himself)

I'm not even going to get into the rest of his post.....the MoM part is ridiculous.
But no.....let's continue to post about things we don't really know about first hand. It makes for such compelling reading.

M.K.
Knight165
I thought jsquigg was being sarcastic, although maybe my sarcasm meter is broken. Hey jsquigg, let me know if you were being serious so I can take my "like" back.

Anyway, I definitely agree it's crazy to try to review a game you haven't played. Just makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #80
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets7766
I got picked off twice yesterday...
In my franchise, the CPU tried to pick me off first base a handful of times late in the game, tie score, and I wasn't stepping off to a bigger lead when it happened. Not in an MOM game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »