Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerSloth
I agree, reviews for the show are 77 on metacritic...WHAT? It's by far the best sports sim and it is significantly improved IMO, Carry over saves is not getting near enough credit it is the FIRST series in history to do it.

Fielding is massively improved.

ONline is good this year

Directional hitting is great

Licensed gear

Graphics significantly better

How can this game be rated lower then madden......Reviews for this game are a joke,.

How can it be drastically different? It already plays an amazing game of baseball , it's like reviewers want change just for the sake of it without thinking of what they could possible change and the repercussions.
I one hundred percent will make a bet with you that The Show is NOT the best sim, it isn't even the best sim in the baseball game market. OOTP owns that market. The Show is the prettiest baeball video game out there, yes.

Can anyone imagine The Show with OOTP's simulation engine, and all the players from the past and all the old stadiums? I would easily pay $200 for that game
Old 04-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #98
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
But I have played every day and not noticed any of those so it is possible the reviewer did not either.

This is a big game with multiple modes. It is going to be really hard for someone to cover everything after only playing a week.

Maybe the bugs should be mentioned but if I don't see them or can't replicate them they would not affect my score of the game.
Plenty of people have seen the graphics bug and many have reported the 2 strike out and I even have video to prove it as well as the phantom foul ball out when the ball teleports into the glove.

There is video proof out there and it happens to any version. If you do not see it then that is good but the fact remains is part of the game and enough complaints have been made to warrant a mention. Not sure why they close the bug thread
Old 04-10-2015, 12:36 AM   #99
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

https://youtu.be/2owT_0sBtWI

https://youtu.be/N2xGUmbSPaQ

Shows the issue that many have reported not only here but in the Show Nation forum

The teleporting out on the first issue was there last year and never fixed.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:07 AM   #100
Rookie

Game is 9/10, but is anyone else seeing a way too high frequency of non-sacrifice sacrifice bunts? I just had bases loaded, no outs, and they sacrifice. 3 times in a row. It is still bases loaded no outs.

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks
Old 04-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #101
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbuscus
Game is 9/10, but is anyone else seeing a way too high frequency of non-sacrifice sacrifice bunts? I just had bases loaded, no outs, and they sacrifice. 3 times in a row. It is still bases loaded no outs.

I have heard another people say that about CPU bunting in bad situations like that. I think the CPU bunts to much but I have never ever seen the CPU try to squeeze bunt or any thing like that before in all the years I have played mlb the show and that is since 08. I have never really seen the CPU ever bunt another then when they have no one on base or maybe with a guy at first or second but nothing crazy like that. SO odd that I have never seen that yet I see people say they see it in crazy situations like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 03:17 AM   #102
Rookie

In player creation mode for nationality there were just 2 options; either American or not. Considering the majority of players are American, that’s OK to have United States as the default option. However, other specific countries which also produce a lot of players should be options as well. Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Japan etc. should be included too. For the American players, list their state to be even more specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »