Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have played 6 online versus ranked games online and 4 of them were ended by a frozen game bug with the game stuck in an animation loop with no activity possible for either player. I fail to see how a bug that ends games prematurely 66% of the time and distorts win/loss records online deserves an 8/10. I am sick and tired of people who only play single player reviewing sports games. If Call of Duty had a great single player experience but 2 out of 3 online matches were ended by a bug that made you completely restart the game, what kind of reviews do you think that would get?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2
The fact that u scored FIFA higher than MLB shows either how little u know about your job or how much EA pays for your lofty reviews.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #59
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
The fact that u scored FIFA higher than MLB shows either how little u know about your job or how much EA pays for your lofty reviews.
Caring about a number more than the content of a review? Nice.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #60
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I hope next year they allow us to take our RTTS player online or whatever. but this is a good job for this year.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 4

As a first time mlb player and indeed my first ever baseball game I gotta say I'm loving it. Hands down I think this has to be the best sports game I have played. I'm learning the sport as I go as I'm from the UK but boy am I having fun! 1-2 on my nationals franchise so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #62
Rookie

The Show is a reliable winner year in and year. As most every other sports game aside from perhaps FIFA, has major issues either boring Madden, NBA2k and its online connecting and too many animation drive gameplay or the complete rip-off of NHL. The Show continues to provide the best of what gamers look for. I would say the things that the Show really could benefit from is gaining acces to ESPN, TBS/TNT and Fox telecasts and graphics. This really brings to life the feel of a really game. With new announcers perhaps swallow some pride and figure out the one thing that MLB2k was good at the commentary. If they could get real announcing teams from the channels that would add a lot. A few other major lacking issues are record books. Baseball is all about the history and statistics (more on stats in a few) but gives us more than just who is the all time HR hitter or most hits. Give us a full list. Chasing records and history... Is baseball! Last is give us a full baseball card. How can this constantly keep happening where I can't see a really players career numbers on a bubble gum card. Don't over think this Sony, just look at an old bubble gum card from the 80s and copy. Other then that this game is incredible those few small things will take this game into the stratosphere.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 AM   #63
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
There is a lot that you have written here that I can agree with. I am frustrated that CPU pickoffs have been removed from the game and frustrated that a couple of other features that existed in MoM games last year have been removed from this year's MoM games. However there is something that is missing in your analogy and that's probably because you don't have the game. What is it? Fun factor. MLB 15 is far from perfect, it has a bunch of new warts to go along with the existing warts. But it is a fun game and when push comes to shove, all that I ask for in my games is that I am having fun playing them.

Are you saying that CPU pickoffs don't happened? Or that they only don't happened in MOM because the CPU dose still try to pick you off. I have already been picked off twice on first base and I have seen the CPU try to throw pick offs sever another times.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:58 AM   #64
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty accurate review but I think The Show is a victim of its own success and now that gameplay is almost perfect what else can they do to keep the game fresh each year ?

Presentation and Im talking everything even the show music , fly ins from different angles , menus overlays , stats ,graphics ect anything as long as its different from previous years game and that will keep people who dont know the true depth of this game from just calling it a roster update year after year .

Its not that the announcing in the show is bad its just old and they can add a million new lines and it still wouldnt make it better as it has no style or personalty almost just monotone like the announcers arent even at the same game together

So I suggest get some voice actors who arent limited with time maybe for the four USA regions with that style and dialect and go from there North , South , East and West and some type of pre game show .

If your gonna used the same cutscenes like the relief pitcher dropping his glove at least change the angle or something so it doesnt look like the same one for the last 6 years .

These arent harsh knocks its just that the game is so good and set gameplay wise now presentation needs to make it all come life especially with no SOTS option which makes the announcing even more lifeless .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »