Home

Sim Stat -- BA RISP IS BROKEN AGAIN.

This is a discussion on Sim Stat -- BA RISP IS BROKEN AGAIN. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Sim Stat -- BA RISP IS BROKEN AGAIN.

batting avg. with runners in scoring position is broken AGAIN, with SCEA stock rosters when simming a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sim Stat -- BA RISP IS BROKEN AGAIN.

How so?

Have you filled out a bug report?

Creating threads about bugs and adding the double whammy of not detailing what the bug is (for the greater good) seems pointless.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
How so?

Have you filled out a bug report?

Creating threads about bugs and adding the double whammy of not detailing what the bug is (for the greater good) seems pointless.
please let ramone know this. sim a season. check risp team avgs. check league leaders for: runs scored, RBI, and ERA.

LOWWWWWWWWW.

they can and need to patch this.

thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Since you completely failed to show any stats or really explain what was wrong i looked at it.

Simmed 2015 3 different times. 1st time no team had an AVG/RISP above .239. 2nd time two teams where in the .250s. Everyone else in the .230s and below. 3rd time one team was in the .260s, 3 in the .250s. Everyone else .241 and below. So it is significantly lower than its been in real life. .253 was the MLB AVG in 2014. And only 4 teams were below .240. Over last 10 years AVG/RISP has gone down about .20 points. But its been pretty consistent in the .255 range the last 5 years.

Runs are also down about 50 per season as well in game. But that could actually happen this year in real life as well.

Interested to see how the Hybrid roster will change this.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

The AVG in RISP has been lower than non-RISP situations ever since I've started testing these things as well (since MLB 11). I don't remember if it was fixed last year... but I'm not surprised if it still isn't normal.

However, I actually don't think the overall game balance was affected by it, meaning the overall runs in games weren't especially low... so I've suspected that somehow *real* RISP AVG isn't really low, but there might be some issue in how the stats are tallied in RISP.

Aside from doing some sim engine testing at the CD event (if I saw it then, I'm sure I left a note about it...), I haven't got around to look at the stats this year yet, so not totally sure though... just mentioning low BA RISP has always been the way it has.

Certain things never get fixed even when you file bug reports, so I've pretty much given up on this one. :P
Old 04-08-2015, 02:00 AM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
The AVG in RISP has been lower than non-RISP situations ever since I've started testing these things as well (since MLB 11). I don't remember if it was fixed last year... but I'm not surprised if it still isn't normal.

However, I actually don't think the overall game balance was affected by it, meaning the overall runs in games weren't especially low... so I've suspected that somehow *real* RISP AVG isn't really low, but there might be some issue in how the stats are tallied in RISP.

Aside from doing some sim engine testing at the CD event (if I saw it then, I'm sure I left a note about it...), I haven't got around to look at the stats this year yet, so not totally sure though... just mentioning low BA RISP has always been the way it has.

Certain things never get fixed even when you file bug reports, so I've pretty much given up on this one. :P
Yeah the runs were a bit low but thats the way the game is going in real life. So its not a game breaker or anything.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

So it's not broken, it's just lower than RL stats by a bit. Broken would be if every players RISP avg is .000.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I wonder how much of this is related to what a few people have reported in simming - that over time, pitching becomes way overpowered and dominant. I can't find the thread, but there was one last week where some "simmers" were reporting that there were many, way too many pitchers with ERA's in the 2 range after a few years of simming.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »