Home

What is the best stadium for home runs?

This is a discussion on What is the best stadium for home runs? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
What is the best stadium for home runs?

I actually would like to know the best stadiums for a variety of things.

Which is the best stadium for home runs?

For fielders, which is the best stadium? (or in other words, which ones either have the furthest away walls or the field naturally gives a massive advantage to fielders) Does this game even account for things such as the odd wind tunnel screwing up ball flights at Citi field?

Which stadium has the best home run celebration they perform (for example, the giant water slide at Miller Park)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What is the best stadium for home runs?

Rockies for sure. That park is a HR derby with the right team.

The Padres has a good park if you're pitching.

Last edited by codyj123_321; 04-06-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

For hitters park, while some will say Coors, I'm biased towards Great American Ballpark. I get to see it a lot being a Pirates fan and it is a real bandbox, balls go flying there.

Pitching wise, I would say Petco, or I've had fielders get good runs on balls at Dodger Stadium (albeit it's a small 2 game sample size).
Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

PHI is a good park for hitters, and I like CIN as well.

I like LAD for pitchers, and they have good OF talent to run things down.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Yankee Stadium for homeruns. That short right field lets routine flyballs end up in the stands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Oakland is far and away the best stadium to pitch from their foul space alone.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:30 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Which stadium has the best home run celebration they perform (for example, the giant water slide at Miller Park)
Not the first time I have seen it in the MLB The Show series, but I got to witness the Miller Park slide homerun celebration this evening for the first time on MLB 15 complete with the fireworks and I have to say it is one of the better celebrations out there. Of course as the visiting team I don't want to see it too often. But this evening it was "no harm done" as my virtual Rockies beat the heck out of the Brewers 12-2 just like the real world team did.

Question: should the train in Houston run down the tracks when the Astros hit a Big Fly. I was watching a CPU vs CPU game last night with the full Broadcast presentation turned on and I heard the train's whistle when one of the Astros crushed the ball into the cheap seats. But they did not show the train move in the game.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:31 AM   #8
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

For homerun parks, if you are stocked with left-handed bats, both Fenway and Yankee Stadium have short porches in right field. Minute Maid Park isn't too bad down the lines but center is very deep. People say Coors Field because of the altitude but it plays closer to real-life for me (decent average but the long ball dies out like it does at sea-level parks since they installed the humidor to control excessive homers). Great American plays really small for me.

Dodger Stadium, Chase Field, and Comerica Park are good pitchers' parks with a lot of outfield grass and deep fences. However, shots to the gaps can end up as triples with the amount of space to cover. Chase Field has the 20-foot wall out in center going 413' - 407' - 413' and it's not completely flat so the ball can bounce oddly off of it, resulting in an inside-the-park homer for anybody with slightly above-average speed (slowest rated speed this happened with was rated at 64 and it was a more towering shot than line drive).

Then there are parks like AT&T Park. Left field to center plays average. Down the line in right is shorter than some but not like the hitter-happy Fenway, Yankee, or Minute Maid. And then you have "Triple Alley" in right center, going somewhere between 421' and 441' from home.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »