Home

Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3
Jaggies

Is anyone else seeing a lot of jaggies in this game? It's mostly on cutscenes. I've been going mad trying to see if it's on my tvs end, but I don't think it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Jaggies

It's going to depend on the size of your TV and how close you sit.

On my 42 inch I notice them more than on my 32 inch at the same distance. That being said, the aliasing not that noticeable during batting. It's most noticeable during RTTS baserunning because you've got those ropes that hold up the nets in front of you.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
Is anyone else seeing a lot of jaggies in this game? It's mostly on cutscenes. I've been going mad trying to see if it's on my tvs end, but I don't think it is.
It's worse this year. The reality is that the cut scenes were choppy last year so they lowered the image quality (anti-aliasing) so they would be smoother.

The sad thing is they have pretty obviously already maxed out the capabilities of the PS4. It's not SCEA's fault. I'm just disappointed that the PS4 isn't nearly as strong as I thought it was when I bought it. My 2 yr old gaming computers smoke my PS4 in terms of processing power.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLiott
It's worse this year. The reality is that the cut scenes were choppy last year so they lowered the image quality (anti-aliasing) so they would be smoother.

The sad thing is they have pretty obviously already maxed out the capabilities of the PS4. It's not SCEA's fault. I'm just disappointed that the PS4 isn't nearly as strong as I thought it was when I bought it. My 2 yr old gaming computers smoke my PS4 in terms of processing power.
They haven't even close to maxed the PS4 out lol. I have an OC'd 970 and beast CPU and nothing on PC is as remarkable as The Order in the shaders department. 30FPS yes but the AA is very good as well. The difference between a cross-gen engine and one that is not is the key here. The IQ in this game is generally not that great. Let's hope sony's ICE team makes a better AA solution next time around.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
They haven't even close to maxed the PS4 out lol. I have an OC'd 970 and beast CPU and nothing on PC is as remarkable as The Order in the shaders department. 30FPS yes but the AA is very good as well. The difference between a cross-gen engine and one that is not is the key here. The IQ in this game is generally not that great. Let's hope sony's ICE team makes a better AA solution next time around.
Hope you're right, Gnome. I only play games like Madden and The Show which have improved graphically since coming to the PS4 but seem to be only a bit better than the PS3, not monumental as you're referring to with the Order.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »