Home

Jersey-match color option

This is a discussion on Jersey-match color option within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Banned

VivaPittsburgh's Arena

OVR: 0
Jersey-match color option

Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere, but I have yet to see it...

As a way to add an additional layer of realism to the game, a color option in the equipment editor to solve the HOME/ROAD/Alt color problem is needed. Team Color 1, 2, and 3 tell the game what color to render, as we all know. For instance, a player like Andrew McCutchen wears a white arm sleeve at home, a grey on the road, and black to match the alternate jersey. Yet as it now stands we can choose only 1. Or manually change it, but of course that becomes tedious for all players and multiple equipment. If in addition to the listed color choices and Team Colors 1-3 a "match" choice was added, it could be tied to whatever jersey top is selected that day, and solves this problem. Not only does Cutch do this with his sleeve, but different color versions of his batting gloves and shoes he matches as well. I know many roster editors and regular players are frustrated by having only one color choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Banned

VivaPittsburgh's Arena

Re: Jersey-match color option

(Pt 2, sorry)

I would think this would be a simple patch/fix.

Thanks in advance to anyone that agrees and could help this get implemented.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaPittsburgh
(Pt 2, sorry)

I would think this would be a simple patch/fix.

Thanks in advance to anyone that agrees and could help this get implemented.
First of all, nothing is a "simple patch/fix".

And as it stands right now there is nothing coded into the game to have a 3rd option with accessories. Nor does the game's programming understand what color a certain team's alternate or throwback uniform is, I don't believe.

You can ask for it for the future. But the return it would equate to, versus the time it took to implement- and the sheer lack of players that this would impact within the game- make it something that would probably be very low on the pecking order to try and implement.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #4
Banned

VivaPittsburgh's Arena

Thank you for your response. Tho this is my first post I've followed these boards for years, and among many of the other regulars, value your input....

What you are saying about a "simple fix" is true, if only because sometimes even the simple things take quite a while to get addressed. Rendering them not so simple.

But I really do think it should be fairly easy. I mean it should be no more difficult than adding another option like if they wanted to add another shade of green. And I'm fairly certain the programming of the game DOES recognize color. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Team Color 1 stuff for the Bucs changes to the mustard yellow when the Sunday '71 throwbacks are used.

And I'd also disagree on the return for SCEA. The point of my post wasn't just that this is just a Cutch issue, I'd say close to 40% of MLB players use different color equipment for home and road. And I'd say our friends over at the OSFM factory who do all the equipment editing would LOVE this feature.

-ck
Old 04-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I hear ya, but I was using the term "simple" in that nothing is simple when it comes to programming. Implementing something requires tons of testing and hours of coding. So often you might add something only to find out that it breaks 3 other things that are not easy fixes.

Best you can do is to just ask for it, but I still wouldn't expect it anytime soon is all.

Go Bucs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 01:39 AM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah i can pretty much guarantee it wont be added in any patches. I seem to remember Ramone talking about this as something they have talked about before (could be completely wrong about that). So maybe 2016.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
Banned

VivaPittsburgh's Arena

Yeah, you guys are right. I guess I shouldn't look for it any time soon. And Will is especially right about the possibility that it causes 3 other problems. I guess I'm most frustrated by why this wasn't something that launched last year as a standard next-gen feature. I know I started seeing this option on multiple sports games in the mid-2000's. (Madden for one)

It's just as frustrating as seeing the Pirates throwback jerseys (gold '79, pinstripe '79, and Sunday white '71) using a font introduced in 2001. Especially when the '25 throwbacks don't have this problem. I know I've seen this on the jersey errors/omission thread but any idea if this will ever get fixed?

Go Bucs!
-ck
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

This is something I wish they've had for years. The NBA 2K series has this option and it's amazing. As a fellow Bucco fan and playing a lot of RTTS with them I would like to wear certain this with certain unis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »