Home

Graphic glitch upon selecting pitch type?

This is a discussion on Graphic glitch upon selecting pitch type? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Graphic glitch upon selecting pitch type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I'm pretty sure it was intentional. The results probably aren't what was expected but I think it is tied to helping framerate issues from last year. I hope I'm wrong and they patch it but I'm not expecting it to be. I've just dealt with it and barely notice anymore but it would be really cool if it got fixed.

I don't think it is intentional that makes like zero since what so ever.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:09 AM   #50
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I don't think it is intentional that makes like zero since what so ever.
You don't think they purposely drop the resolution to help framerate? Makes perfect sense to me. the 3d texture on the grass drops right off. That seems pretty intentional to me. I just think that the results weren't what was intended ie..the pitchers hair losing texture and the sleeves get blotchy. again I don't think they intended to make the sleeves blotchy but I think it was an unfortunate result of the resolution drop which was intentional. I don't see another reason to drop resolution other than to help the framerate.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #51
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
You don't think they purposely drop the resolution to help framerate? Makes perfect sense to me. the 3d texture on the grass drops right off. That seems pretty intentional to me. I just think that the results weren't what was intended ie..the pitchers hair losing texture and the sleeves get blotchy. again I don't think they intended to make the sleeves blotchy but I think it was an unfortunate result of the resolution drop which was intentional. I don't see another reason to drop resolution other than to help the framerate.
Of course it was intentional, the game already suffers from frame issues so they compensate with dynamic resolution. It just sucks that it comes at the worst time when pitching as that is a big part where you spend your time on. Seeing players hair on the fly lose textures and grass lose texture along with blotchy sleeves is a HUGE eye soar that I hope they can fix. But doubt it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #52
Just started!

I also have been trying to notice it, i did see it in one of the streams where the pitchers hair changed but have not seen it in a game yet. maybe it is with specific stadiums and i also use meter pitching so am often focusing on the meter.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #53
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I haven't seen any thing like that and I have been trying to look for it. The only thing I have seen was someone said something about doing it in the Huston ball park and I did and the grass goes from 3d to looking 2d. The odd thing is in the another ball parks I noticed nothing like that.
Here is what I'm talking about. The blotches in the sleeves. It's very minor but once you know they are there they become very noticeable. When I'm batting same thing happens to the pitcher's sleeves. Sorry for the poor quality, I was trying to hurry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1429457364738-1.jpg (497.5 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by crains13; 04-19-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #54
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Graphic glitch upon selecting pitch type?

Quote:

Yeah but wouldn't it be better then to start with the 2d grass to begin with or optimize it so it's 3d all the (pitching) way. The transition seems like an odd design choice.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:20 AM   #55
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

It could be intentional but what sways me away from that thought is when watching CPU v CPU using exact same cameras it doesn't happen.

For those that still can't see it, the best stadium I've found that displays it is minute maid park. Also use it to switch between user and cpu v CPU so you can see it working properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 12:03 AM   #56
All Star

Quote:

That just sounds silly to me so no I don't believe that at all. I don't think they would made it so it would change when you push a button that makes zero since to me its not like the game is going to a cut scenes or something as cut scenes tend to always look better in video games then game play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Here is what I'm talking about. The blotches in the sleeves. It's very minor but once you know they are there they become very noticeable. When I'm batting same thing happens to the pitcher's sleeves. Sorry for the poor quality, I was trying to hurry.

I don't see any thing there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »