Home

Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

This is a discussion on Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:44 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

So in my online franchise I can't change a player on my team's primary position. I'm the dodgers and I have Stanton and Puig. They are both listed as right fielders but i play stanton in left, carl crawford in center and puig at his original position in right field. Which ratings exactly take a hit? do my players hitting ratings take a hit? how about their arm strength? Just their fielding and reaction?
Old 04-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #34
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

Before the devs start looking into the out of position ratings, they need to solve the error epidemic occurring in the game.

Why is Ryan Braun having balls bounce off his shoulder after sitting under a fly ball for 5 seconds?

Why is Manny Machado making 3 throwing errors in a game?

As it is now because it is so easy to make errors, especially in the OF on fly balls, it doesn't really matter who you have playing at every position. Trout drops balls in CF, so does David Ortiz when you put him in RF.

This is mainly important for online PvP since you cannot alter the sliders.

Part of it is how you are locked into the ball target this year. I get why they changed it design wise, but the execution is poor. Too often is your outfielder stumbling backwards and letting routine fly balls drop eve if you are camping under it.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #35
Rookie

Maybe I missed it but did the question ever get answered regarding the 20\40% reduction applying to all defensive attributes or just fielding?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »