Home

Touchy PCI (Zone) hitting?

This is a discussion on Touchy PCI (Zone) hitting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Question Touchy PCI (Zone) hitting?

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems to me that sometimes moving the plate coverage indicator can be touchy, i.e., hyper-sensitive, "jumpy", as the ball crosses the plate.

Alot of times I like to anticipate the location of a pitch, for example, in the lower half of the zone, so I'll kind of "cheat" by pulling the stick down a bit before the ball is thrown. And by "a bit", I mean ever so slightly from the center position.

And, once the pitch comes, for example, and it's coming right down the middle of the strike zone ... I am still hardly pulling down on the stick when I hit the X button. Yet -- after I swing & miss -- the post-pitch analysis shows my PCI location at the very bottom of the strike zone! WTH! It seems to happen alot more for me in MLB15 ...

I'd like to think that I'm not just being jumpy once the pitch arrives. But I don't know. Is it just me? Does this seem to happen to anyone else in MLB15???

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 04-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Touchy PCI (Zone) hitting?

I stopped using PCI (Well for one timed is more ratings based) but 2 because the PCI stops moving once you hit swing button. I'd rather have the PCI be able to be moving while you're swinging.
So for me I was always "moving" PCI but hitting swing so fast the PCI barely moved. Tried raising my finger higher in the air from button to get a slighlt less fast button hitting to give PCI time to move but it was never comfortable to do that.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I stopped using PCI (Well for one timed is more ratings based) but 2 because the PCI stops moving once you hit swing button. I'd rather have the PCI be able to be moving while you're swinging.
So for me I was always "moving" PCI but hitting swing so fast the PCI barely moved. Tried raising my finger higher in the air from button to get a slighlt less fast button hitting to give PCI time to move but it was never comfortable to do that.
I see the PCI as a reticle and when the swing button is pushed you are deciding to swing at the location that the reticle was at. That is how I've always seen it and haven't had any issues with it not moving after the swing button is pushed.

But pertaining to the PCI being sensitive, yes I have noticed this, but not just in MLB 15. I tend to move the PCI in very tiny movements sometimes and when trying to hold the PCI in a spot it will often jitter around the area while the left stick is stationary.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I see the PCI as a reticle and when the swing button is pushed you are deciding to swing at the location that the reticle was at. That is how I've always seen it and haven't had any issues with it not moving after the swing button is pushed.

But pertaining to the PCI being sensitive, yes I have noticed this, but not just in MLB 15. I tend to move the PCI in very tiny movements sometimes and when trying to hold the PCI in a spot it will often jitter around the area while the left stick is stationary.
I know how it works.
Again my problem is I want the reticle to be able to be moved when I'm swinging and not lock on to where it's at as soon as I hit the button..
as I swing too fast and don't get reticle moved to where I want in time. Since the system is NOT like that I stopped using it

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Swing timing will effect PCI placement on zone as well. Swing early and it will move up, late and it will move down. Possibly swinging late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 01:13 AM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_77
Swing timing will effect PCI placement on zone as well. Swing early and it will move up, late and it will move down. Possibly swinging late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far has I know swing timing has nothing to do with PCI placement at all but I could be wrong but I fell like this year both the timing window on your swing and the PCI placement is more pushing then last years game. I have also always had a hard time hitting high pitches because I tend to be late and I don't know why but I tend to push down on the L stick even when I try to move it up.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #7
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah, and to top that off, I'd imagine that by keeping your thumb off further away from the swing button only leads to more button-mashing and an inability to check-swing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy

Good to know it's just not me
Could Sony-San Diego patch/tweak/refine this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_77
I've never heard or read that before, Is that really how it works???
Ramone, can you confirm please?
Old 04-09-2015, 01:20 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
As far has I know swing timing has nothing to do with PCI placement at all but I could be wrong but I fell like this year both the timing window on your swing and the PCI placement is more pushing then last years game. I have also always had a hard time hitting high pitches because I tend to be late and I don't know why but I tend to push down on the L stick even when I try to move it up.
Try using zone hitting and leave the pci in the center, don't even have your finger on the L stick I mean don't even breath on it. Then swing at the pitch and check the post swing results and you will find that it does indeed move w/o touching it.

It is a poorly designed system, i mean why even have zone hitting if it's going to move by itself.
Ratings should be left to timing based and zone should be user based.

Last edited by Will I Am; 04-09-2015 at 01:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »