Home

Anyone had luck stealing bags?

This is a discussion on Anyone had luck stealing bags? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone had luck stealing bags?

You don't need to take a lead at all if you have someone with 80+ speed on first and are trying to steal second.

Just tap L2 once anytime before the pitcher starts his windup and you'll make the steal easily unless the pitcher performs a pitch-out or slide-step fastball.

The same method will also steal third pretty consistently if you have a 90+ speed runner.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys, be very careful judging stolen base success rate this quickly after release. This is a statistic that needs a remarkable amount of attempts to gauge accurately, seeing as the factors that are involved are numerous.

The MLB average last year was just under 73% last season. So you SHOULD feel pretty great at it on average. One of the few things in baseball that happens more often than it doesn't.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #11
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Guys, be very careful judging stolen base success rate this quickly after release. This is a statistic that needs a remarkable amount of attempts to gauge accurately, seeing as the factors that are involved are numerous.

The MLB average last year was just under 73% last season. So you SHOULD feel pretty great at it on average. One of the few things in baseball that happens more often than it doesn't.

I agree with this. For the first few days I stole bases with no problem, so did the cpu. The last couple of days I have been getting caught some now and I have gotten the cpu a couple times also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel82
It's impossible for me. The pitcher immediately throws over after starting my lead, and picks me off 99% of the time. The PS4 controls on stealing are rough too. Not as bad as the Vita controls, but just...bleh.

Any help?

I think stealing is much improved this year. Both me and the AI have been more successful on default than in th epast in this game.

I always use to turn up stealing frequency to 10 in the past, because default wasn't realistic and this yr they are aggressive with it at default. Really like how its been working this yr without adjusting and sliders.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't stolen a lot of bases. But, I haven't been in a lot of situations that a steal was the right call. I'm something like 4 of 6 after a half dozen spring games. I have been picked off a high number of times though, to the point that it's been insanely frustrating.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 AM   #14
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I was hoping that stealing base goes with the dynamic setting like that of hitting. The more success you come up with stealing, the more it will become difficult and challenging
Old 04-09-2015, 04:06 AM   #15
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I was hoping that stealing base goes with the dynamic setting like that of hitting. The more success you come up with stealing, the more it will become difficult and challenging

They should have dynamic hitting and fielding lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #16
Rookie

If anything it is way too easy. 70+ speed I can swipe second over 90% of the time as can the CPU. It has been three years since taking an extra step helps at all. The same as the last few years you actually have less of a chance if you take an extra step. The only thing that I have noticed is different this year is that the last 2 years anytime the CPU took an extra step you picked them off unless you overthrew.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »