Home

Anyone had luck stealing bags?

This is a discussion on Anyone had luck stealing bags? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #17
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone had luck stealing bags?

I'm wondering if there was a dynamic patch or something because when I first started playing when the game came out I could steal easily but now I'm having a hard time even stealing with Mookie Betts or even Ben Revere.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel82
It's impossible for me. The pitcher immediately throws over after starting my lead, and picks me off 99% of the time. The PS4 controls on stealing are rough too. Not as bad as the Vita controls, but just...bleh.

Any help?
Are you talking about in regular games where you control everyone? Or RTTS where you're manually stealing? If it's regular then yeah, dont steal with anyone less than 80 spd, if it's RTTS, get your guy to at least an 85 spd first, and time your jumps great. (tip: Learn the pitchers head movements)
Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #19
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Are you talking about in regular games where you control everyone? Or RTTS where you're manually stealing? If it's regular then yeah, dont steal with anyone less than 80 spd, if it's RTTS, get your guy to at least an 85 spd first, and time your jumps great. (tip: Learn the pitchers head movements)
But we used to be able to steal with players with 50-70 speed. At least when this game released. It seems like players run slower now and the baserunning speed sliders are at default. Sometimes I can't even steal with guys with 80 speed and 70 stealing.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But we used to be able to steal with players with 50-70 speed. At least when this game released. It seems like players run slower now and the baserunning speed sliders are at default. Sometimes I can't even steal with guys with 80 speed and 70 stealing.
My RTTS guy is 99 spd, and at least 85 stl. And sometimes I still get picked off even with great jumps. (I'm just hesitant to adjust the baselining slider).
Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #21
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

My RTTS guy has 90 Spd plus 7 in equipment and he steals everything. In AA I could steal at will, and even in AAA I can steal second even on slide steps. I have been thrown out a few times at 3rd in Triple A as catchers ratings are better.

When I get to the majors, I will still steal second in most occasions but third will be more situational. I will mainly try third on pitchers with slow deliveries.

I never take an extra lead. They will almost always throw over.

Cheap Trick in RTTS: Watch the catcher. If the catcher shifts or does a jump move then the pitcher is actually delivering the pitch. I steal on catcher movement and not pitcher. Yes, I said it was cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
My RTTS guy has 90 Spd plus 7 in equipment and he steals everything. In AA I could steal at will, and even in AAA I can steal second even on slide steps. I have been thrown out a few times at 3rd in Triple A as catchers ratings are better.

When I get to the majors, I will still steal second in most occasions but third will be more situational. I will mainly try third on pitchers with slow deliveries.

I never take an extra lead. They will almost always throw over.

Cheap Trick in RTTS: Watch the catcher. If the catcher shifts or does a jump move then the pitcher is actually delivering the pitch. I steal on catcher movement and not pitcher. Yes, I said it was cheap.
See, I actually watch the pitchers head. (And it really only works on 2nd, stealing 3rd).. He'll look at you somewhat. If he only does it once, he's pitching, but you can't go, if he does it twice then soon after he turns his head back the second time, he's about to deliver.. but you still have to time your jump, because even with this I've left early once or twice and he's stepped off and got me. (Inversely though, if I've gotten a great jump I've usually swiped 3rd quite often).
Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #23
Rookie

DeJohn11's Arena

I think one thing we're failing to mention is stealing is usually situational... what count is the batter in? Who's pitching? Who's catching? Has he thrown over? etc... All these factors usually lead to (un)successful attempts.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Try not leading off and not doing the hold release method.

You don't need to have an additional lead to steal and it's worked pretty well for me.

Oh, and don't try and steal with David Ortiz

Yesterday I was playing against the Red Sox and Ortiz singled. I notice he was rated zero in all running categories so I went to pick him off and he got back without a slide. Weird right? The strange part was he had a bigger lead than he takes in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel82
It's impossible for me. The pitcher immediately throws over after starting my lead, and picks me off 99% of the time. The PS4 controls on stealing are rough too. Not as bad as the Vita controls, but just...bleh.

Any help?

Sometimes I've lead off, without having the intention of stealing, and they don't throw over. So, I can't say that they will always throw over, however this is still an issue. My advice, obtain a rabbit's foot and store it in your pocket and hope they don't throw over if you leading off (with the intention of stealing) because they will get you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »