Home

Anyone had luck stealing bags?

This is a discussion on Anyone had luck stealing bags? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #33
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Anyone had luck stealing bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltzie
Same thing on my side...don't even need to take an extra base.
...meant an extra step [sorry].

As an aside, I prefer for the "speedier" guys where I have conviction I won't envoke a pickoff, I hold L2 to make my guy take off on the first move. It's burned me a couple of times but the reward has been much greater.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Could that have anything to do with your catcher?
You have a good point.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #35
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

People need to remember there is no need for an extra step with the fast guys. The game automatically gives your guy one. So the extra one is a 2nd step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #36
Rookie

danwin's Arena

OVR: 3

I use the left stick for stealing and I don't take extra lead. I lean and am having good success stealing. It's just timing the pitcher. I really like using the left stick instead of buttons because it's more on me whether I'm able to steal the bag or not. This is in road to the show with my player having 60 speed and 35 stealing rating. I don't think stealing is very hard this year.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #37
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't have a problem with the success rate but I do hate how easily it is to pick runners off (and get picked off) when you do take the extra step lead. It takes the whole cat and mouse game out of it. It also shouldn't be easy to steal when you only have a 2 step lead. IMO, this is easily the worst aspect of the game.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #38
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

I think if you try and play realistically you get more realistic results. Watch the count anticipate an off speed pitch. I run on 2-1 1-2 more than any other counts. Look at the opposing catcher' arm and accuracy rating. That will tell you if you have a good chance at success. I have had fast runners thrown out and have stolen bases with a barely above average speed guy. Just watch your situations and you will have a higher success rate...
Old 04-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewillyjets
take a lead that causes the pitcher to throw over to first. when he does that, just take off for second and slide to the outside of the bag... you'll be safe every time. they really need to fix this exploit. you could only do it occasionally, last year. this year it works (or is broken... depending on how you look at it) every time.
sorry... i should have clarified... that's for road to the show, and my dynamic difficulty is on legend++++ for hitting, but yea.. dd for stealing bases would greatly improve this area of the game, but man... they gotta patch this. i'd like to lead the league in steals, but not this way. it's not that i cheat by using it, but there are times i get caught leaning... and have to take off. at that point, it would be nice to know the first baseman would at least TRY to throw me out at second. as of now, he just rainbows the ball over to second like he's tossing it around the horn.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #40
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewillyjets
sorry... i should have clarified... that's for road to the show, and my dynamic difficulty is on legend++++ for hitting, but yea.. dd for stealing bases would greatly improve this area of the game, but man... they gotta patch this. i'd like to lead the league in steals, but not this way. it's not that i cheat by using it, but there are times i get caught leaning... and have to take off. at that point, it would be nice to know the first baseman would at least TRY to throw me out at second. as of now, he just rainbows the ball over to second like he's tossing it around the horn.

So if you don't want to lead the league in steals that way, don't do it! They don't need to patch that, you just need not to do it. They need to patch things that can't be controlled, that you can control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »