Home

Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #73
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Every year I go thru this but it has to stop I need help. I can't decide what team to be. I want a al team with good pitching and hitting. I think I narrowed it down between tigers royals red sox blue jays Yankees. Please help out I want to start and play my full 162 when I get home

Jays if you want to go easy on the trading (they're a pretty complete team besides 2B).

Yankees if you want to do some rebuilding on the way and shed contracts.

The Indians offer some young pitching and nice hitting options.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #74
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
Please post your impressions for us others that haven't decided yet
Ok, so I think the Texas Rangers will be my choice (if you read my opening post I didnt even consider them in the beginning lol).
Thier farm system isn't all that bad after all, although I already traded away 2 top 5 prospects and (Catcher Jorge Alvaro-B and SP Chi Chi Gonzales-B)and SP Wandy Rodriguez for SP Chris Archer (Rays). I think he can be a good No. 2 Starter behind ace Yu Darvish. Also his service time is low so this isn't just a short term investment.
Besides that I added Tyler Colvin - he'll be starting in LF. Another weakness was the BP, Rafael Soriano was a FA so I signed him to a 1 year deal. The last trade I made was for Philles Reliever Jake Diekmann, Phillies got Travis Demeritte (C-Potential). Both will be Setup men for Neftali Feliz.

With those changes the rangers can be a contender in 2015 don't you think? Solid rotation (with Yu Darvish being a real top shelf ace), solid line up, and solid BP and still decent farm system.
What do you guys think about my moves and chances?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #75
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Ok, so I think the Texas Rangers will be my choice (if you read my opening post I didnt even consider them in the beginning lol).
Thier farm system isn't all that bad after all, although I already traded away 2 top 5 prospects and (Catcher Jorge Alvaro-B and SP Chi Chi Gonzales-B)and SP Wandy Rodriguez for SP Chris Archer (Rays). I think he can be a good No. 2 Starter behind ace Yu Darvish. Also his service time is low so this isn't just a short term investment.
Besides that I added Tyler Colvin - he'll be starting in LF. Another weakness was the BP, Rafael Soriano was a FA so I signed him to a 1 year deal. The last trade I made was for Philles Reliever Jake Diekmann, Phillies got Travis Demeritte (C-Potential). Both will be Setup men for Neftali Feliz.

With those changes the rangers can be a contender in 2015 don't you think? Solid rotation (with Yu Darvish being a real top shelf ace), solid line up, and solid BP and still decent farm system.
What do you guys think about my moves and chances?

Looks like you're heading in the right direction with things. Sometimes it's the small moves that makes a championship. Sneaky adding Colvin and Diekman/Soriano offers reliable arms for the pen. Archer should be good for years. As long as Holland and Harrison stay healthy so that you don't lack SP depth for a longer period of time, things are looking good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 03:30 AM   #76
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
Looks like you're heading in the right direction with things. Sometimes it's the small moves that makes a championship. Sneaky adding Colvin and Diekman/Soriano offers reliable arms for the pen. Archer should be good for years. As long as Holland and Harrison stay healthy so that you don't lack SP depth for a longer period of time, things are looking good
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 04-22-2015, 01:13 AM   #77
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Love my franchise with the Rangers.

For me it brings up memories as my first ever serious Franchise has been with them. Was back when I didn't own a PS so I played MLB2k on PC.

Think it was MLB2k10 or 11, still remember many players who were on the Rangers back thenr; Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Chris Davis, Chris Young, Kinsler, Torrealba C.J. Wilson, Alexei Ogando...- all of them are gone by now. I think only Beltre, Andrus, Moreland, Holland, Feliz, Harrison and Lewis are still there this year. However it still brings back good memories. I made it pretty far into the season back then, I never managed to complete a whole so this is an achievement lol.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 AM   #78
Just started!

OVR: 0

Think its always the most fun to use your hometown team no matter how the team looks. Build them up into a beast team and dominate the league feels great with your favorite team.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #79
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbfgrf
Think its always the most fun to use your hometown team no matter how the team looks. Build them up into a beast team and dominate the league feels great with your favorite team.
not for me, I just know the team too well and feels unrealistic if i do certain things that i know would never happen irl.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #80
Just started!

OVR: 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »