Home

Did the CPU Just Perform a Coup and Depose Me as GM? Is This an Illegal Trade?

This is a discussion on Did the CPU Just Perform a Coup and Depose Me as GM? Is This an Illegal Trade? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Did the CPU Just Perform a Coup and Depose Me as GM? Is This an Illegal Trade?

Just finished playing game #113 in my franchise. After every game, I go and check the transactions page to see if anything interesting (or ridiculous) is going down in my league - trades, waiver wire requests, etc. And unless there's something I'm missing, something fairly interesting did happen.

Under the Transactions menu, I'm looking at "Trades Proposed." Much to my surprise, my team apparently offered the NY Mets a trade: Corey Hart for Daniel Murphy. Never mind the fact that I've got Robinson Cano already playing 2B - I didn't make the offer.

Also, unless I don't fully understand the rules behind post-deadline trades, I don't think this trade should be legal; Corey Hart never cleared waivers. I never even put him on waivers.

I'm playing a 30-team Control franchise YtY imported save as the Mariners. I just doubled-checked my settings, so I'm positive I've not accidentally ceded roster control to the computer. Also, this is the sixth or seventh game I've played since importing the game from '14 to '15 - I don't think it has anything to do with a save corruption or any crossover problem.

Is it possible that the Mets actually made the offer, and for whatever reason, the game listed it as my team having made the offer? Otherwise, I have no idea how this happened.

Am I missing something here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Did the CPU Just Perform a Coup and Depose Me as GM? Is This an Illegal Trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Just finished playing game #113 in my franchise. After every game, I go and check the transactions page to see if anything interesting (or ridiculous) is going down in my league - trades, waiver wire requests, etc. And unless there's something I'm missing, something fairly interesting did happen.

Under the Transactions menu, I'm looking at "Trades Proposed." Much to my surprise, my team apparently offered the NY Mets a trade: Corey Hart for Daniel Murphy. Never mind the fact that I've got Robinson Cano already playing 2B - I didn't make the offer.

Also, unless I don't fully understand the rules behind post-deadline trades, I don't think this trade should be legal; Corey Hart never cleared waivers. I never even put him on waivers.

I'm playing a 30-team Control franchise YtY imported save as the Mariners. I just doubled-checked my settings, so I'm positive I've not accidentally ceded roster control to the computer. Also, this is the sixth or seventh game I've played since importing the game from '14 to '15 - I don't think it has anything to do with a save corruption or any crossover problem.

Is it possible that the Mets actually made the offer, and for whatever reason, the game listed it as my team having made the offer? Otherwise, I have no idea how this happened.

Am I missing something here?
Bug....tabarnes found it last week.
I believe he reported it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Did the CPU Just Perform a Coup and Depose Me as GM? Is This an Illegal Trade?

Yeah I can't seem to figure out what is triggering it. I sent a couple franchise files to the devs. Probably should make a bug report if you don't mind. Just in case.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay, done.

theshownation.com/bug_reports/12213
Old 04-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Just wanted to say, that's a great thread title
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »