Home

Now that you played both 14 and 15, was it worth it?

This is a discussion on Now that you played both 14 and 15, was it worth it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Now that you played both 14 and 15, was it worth it?

I agree that it's somewhat smoother but why can't the game be as smooth as early sports titles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

Kind of a mixed bag for me. 15 is better graphically, and I think hitting being harder is a good thing. However, there are some things I find better in 14, such as pitch info and batter tendencies being better accessed.

I'm not so sure I like this new progression based on performance feature. Trout losing power attributes after two games is not something I understand. Surprisingly, Trout at this point, after five games, seems very much like the Trout in 14, basically a singles hitter, and hitting into more double plays in five games than he did all last year in real baseball. Funny thing is, Ethier has more hot zones against RHP than Trout.

Was it worth it? Well, I could be just as happy with 14 and current roster.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Kind of a mixed bag for me. 15 is better graphically, and I think hitting being harder is a good thing. However, there are some things I find better in 14, such as pitch info and batter tendencies being better accessed.

I'm not so sure I like this new progression based on performance feature. Trout losing power attributes after two games is not something I understand. Surprisingly, Trout at this point, after five games, seems very much like the Trout in 14, basically a singles hitter, and hitting into more double plays in five games than he did all last year in real baseball. Funny thing is, Ethier has more hot zones against RHP than Trout.

I would take 14 with just the graphical improvements and a roster update. I too miss not having the touch pad show batting/pitching information. I always liked being able to see my own tendencies so I knew how to adapt. I also miss the brief breaks between pitches/swings; in 15, it no longer shows things like the catcher throwing the ball to the pitcher or the pitcher getting set on the mound.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #44
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:

I agree with that statement. Some design choices yet again are questionable.

But as an overall package (and after a nice patch forth coming to clean up some obvious bugs and hiccups) this is hands down, and it is not even close, the very best sports game I have ever played.

It is truly remarkable. SCEA and the team a huge standing:

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
I would take 14 with just the graphical improvements and a roster update. I too miss not having the touch pad show batting/pitching information. I always liked being able to see my own tendencies so I knew how to adapt. I also miss the brief breaks between pitches/swings; in 15, it no longer shows things like the catcher throwing the ball to the pitcher or the pitcher getting set on the mound.
Yes, those two are the biggies for me. I would also take 14 with the graphical improvements and roster update. I'm even thinking of going back to 14 and look for a current roster in the vault. I spend too much time trying to find info on that last pitch and late or early and type, and batter tendencies, all so easy in 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Yes, those two are the biggies for me. I would also take 14 with the graphical improvements and roster update. I'm even thinking of going back to 14 and look for a current roster in the vault. I spend too much time trying to find info on that last pitch and late or early and type, and batter tendencies, all so easy in 14.
Well...hold on now. It's easy to get last pitch and late early info.

Simply pull back R2.....press the D-Pad to the right and you will have last pitch, late, early or good info.

I liked the info on 14 better. But it is not hard to get that particular info on 15.

I liked the info on 14 better when you pressed up on the D-Pad than this year. I liked when you pressed the track pad you got hot zones and info for the batter and pitcher faster and easier.

It was better on 14. But I can get it on 15.....I learned how and now it has become second nature after playing a ton of games.

Also something on 15 that blows away 14 in terms of functionality is the quick shifts.

AWESOME.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Well...hold on now. It's easy to get last pitch and late early info.

Simply pull back R2.....press the D-Pad to the right and you will have last pitch, late, early or good info.

I liked the info on 14 better. But it is not hard to get that particular info on 15.

I liked the info on 14 better when you pressed up on the D-Pad than this year. I liked when you pressed the track pad you got hot zones and info for the batter and pitcher faster and easier.

It was better on 14. But I can get it on 15.....I learned how and now it has become second nature after playing a ton of games.

Also something on 15 that blows away 14 in terms of functionality is the quick shifts.

AWESOME.
I'm not thrilled about quick shifts. Last game I shifted extreme left for Goldy and Trumbo consecutive at bats. They both hit it where my second baseman would have been. Nope, no more shifting for me. By the way, there was only an option for one extreme shift, not both right and left. What I did was through defensive positioning.

That is a bit awkward for pitch info, and what about batter tendencies? Honestly, I am not impressed with anything they did for 15 other than the graphics.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #48
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

They made fielding fun in 2015. The animations are better. It is approaching 2k basketball in the animation dept which is high praise from me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »