Home

Tough Team for Franchise

This is a discussion on Tough Team for Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tough Team for Franchise

Now that OSFM is out I am looking for a team that is either old and will be going through a rebuild in a few years or a team already in a rebuilding mode. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I was leaning towards the Braves or Phillies but I don't know how their farm systems already are.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Tough Team for Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubaseball10
Now that OSFM is out I am looking for a team that is either old and will be going through a rebuild in a few years or a team already in a rebuilding mode. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I was leaning towards the Braves or Phillies but I don't know how their farm systems already are.

Thanks in advance
As long as you are realistic the Phillies are the worst. One of the worst farm systems in the league. High priced vets with no value (Lee, Howard, Utley). Only piece that can get you anything decent in return is Hamels.
The Braves after trading Kimbrel I would say is 15-17. They have some good young pitching and a ton of money to spend in the coming off seasons after shedding Uptons and Kimbrels salaries.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

The Texas Rangers are going to be a huge challenge especially if you add in all of their injuries - Darvish and Profar out for the season, Holland, Harrison both out, etc. Beltre is their best player but is old and there's no way this team is competing this year. Their farm system isn't very good and you'll have to create Jake Thompson who is their #3-5 prospect but for some reason was left out of the OSFM rosters.

I'm hoping to start my Rangers franchise tonight so if you want a tough team, this is the way to go

EDIT: But yeah the Phillies are the consensus #1 choice for worst franchise in MLB and will also prove tough to rebuild for the reasons redsox4evur stated

Let's Go Bucs
Old 04-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Don't the Phillies have a huge budget? Makes it pretty easy to snag some good, younger free agents after your first season.

I personally think the Twins are the biggest challenge. They are bad, have one of the lowest payrolls and only have a couple of high prospects. That is who i'll be rolling with this year.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

For the most part, the Braves are pretty much set for the future. Just have to scout for outfielders, or unload some pitching depth for them. They have three controllable arms in the majors that front their rotation, excluding Mike Minor. So really 4 depending on what you want to do with him. Folty, Wisler, Sims, and Fried should all be at least B potential. So they're stacked with arms. And Ruiz and Peraza should fill second and third. Though I heard wispers Peraza was looked at for center this spring. But you do need to find a second power bat because Braxton Davidson isn't coming through that door anytime soon. Unless he makes a Freeman and Heyward sized leap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I hate Philly but I'd still recommend it as a good challenge, considering their state of minors.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »